The Story Of Us (26)

Lunch tasted good and after lunch everyone went back to singing. Shania had left her hair in a ponytail this whole time but finally decided to tie it into a bun to keep it out of the way. It seemed like her guitar had dried and it seemed like Chris' scratch remover serum had fixed it up great. All she'd have to do now was paint over the scratch with a light pink colour later on so it'd all match again.

"Whole Lotta love, c'mon guys..."

"You need coolin', baby, I'm not foolin'
Let me send you back to schoolin'
Way, way down inside honey, you need it
I'm gonna give you my love
I'm gonna give you my love"

As everyone sang the song, Shaina actually took a step back and listened to the lyrics... 

"Wanna whole lotta love

Wanna whole lotta love"

The lyrics seemed very... inappropriate the more she listened....

"You need cooling
Baby, I'm not fooling
I'm gonna send you back
Back to schooling"

"Way down inside
You need it
I'm gonna give you my love
Gonna give you my love"

Shania knew she'd have to speak to the boys about it, but she didn't want to seem childish.

"Wanna whole lotta love
Wanna whole lotta love
Wanna whole lotta love"

"You've been cooling
Baby, I've been drooling
All the good times
I've been misusing..."

The only bandmate who she'd trust to speak to about the lyrics would probably be Johnny, but since that awkward phone call which ended with her crying on her bed after she hung up on him she was worried about speaking to him alone...

After the song was over Shania asked if she could use the toilet again. She walked out of the studio and texted Johnny from the car park.

S: Can you meet me in the car park, please? Don't tell the others.

J: Sure.

Johnny met Shy outside and spoke to her, "Are you ok?"

"Yes. Can I ask you something?

"Sure."

"Those lyrics we all just sang, they sound so... naughty, don't you think?"

"Naughty?"

"Like inappropriate, like 18+ type of stuff."

"I guess so."

Shy was shocked by his answer. "Don't you care?"

"It's just a song. It isn't an original, it's by Led Zeppelin. Ask him if you've got an issue with it."

"But don't you think it's a little too intense for a tour?" Shy couldn't seem to get Johnny to understand.

"Not really."

"Oh, ok..."

"Look, Shania..." Johnny needed to tell her the truth. "I have something I should probably tell you..." Johnny knew that he had to tell Shy how he really felt about her right now.

"What?"

Johnny actually had no idea about what to say to her. "I erm... wanted to tell you that I liked your playing earlier..."

"Mine? I don't think mine was any better than anybody else. I thought you and Tommy did really well on the solos."

"Thanks... I have something else to tell you too..."

"What?"

"You know that girl I told you about?"

"Yes."