Stop Crying Your Heart Out (23)

As Shania drove home, her head felt fuzzy. Maybe it was because of her hang over, or maybe it was because of what she thought she heard Alice shout out in the dining room. Shy squinted at the road ahead of her in disbelief. While she drove along the long bendy countryside roads, she spotted the pub she met Johnny at a few weeks ago. She decided to stop the car in the car park and finish off eating her bacon sandwich before it became stone cold. As she sat in her car and ate her sandwich, Shania looked out the windscreen window and spotted a little grey squirrel running along in the grass in-between two trees. After a few lengths of running between the two trees another grey squirrel hoped out of one of the trees and joined the other one of the ground. They seemed to be having a conversation with each other or perhaps an argument with each other. After chasing each other all around and squeaking at each other, they started hugging and sniffing each other. Shania smiled at them. "They look happier than I feel." Shy finished her bacon sandwich and then turned the radio before she started to drive again. Low and behold, the first song that came on the radio was, 'Itchycoo Park', but not the Hollywood Vampire version. It was about the end of the song and the last lyrics were slowly fading out.

"It's all too beautiful, it's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful, it's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful, it's all too beautiful"

"Johnny is beautiful..." She thought to herself. Out loud, Shania spoke to herself as she drove. "I must have either heard Alice wrong or he is talking about another girl... There is absolutely no way it could have been about me! None at all!"

*

Finally, Shania got home. From the moment she got inside she received a lecture from her father. Wayne was stood in the middle of the living room when she opened the door. Shania attempted to sneak past him and go to her bedroom, but she wasn't successful.

"Young lady, sit down on this sofa now!"

"Whyyy?" Shy moaned.

"Because I told you to."

Shania sat down on the sofa and stared at her dad, already losing her will to live.

"Why did you stay out all night?"

"I went to a party."

"Who's party?"

"None of your business, dad. Can I go now?"

"I'll find out, Shania. Who's party was it?"

"Some guys party..."

"YES, BUT WHO'S?"

"Just a guy I know and some of his friends?"

"Male friends or female friends?"

"Male... I was the only girl there, but nothing happened-"

"Which man invited you to a part with a load of other men? I want names!" Wayne was seriously acting way over the top.

"Just some guy. It doesn't even matter, dad."

"And you stayed the night?"

"Yep."

"With them?"

"Yeah..."

"Who's bed did you sleep in?"

"My own bed. Most of the boys went home once I went to bed. Only 3 of them were there when I woke up."

"How old are they?"

"I dunno. It doesn't matter anyway, dad. We're are all just friends and that's it. Can I go now?"

"FINE. But if I find out who these guys are then there will be trouble!"

"Sure... ok, dad." Shania scrambled up the stairs and went into her bedroom then locked the door.