Don't Be So Hard On Yourself (55)

Within 5 minutes or so, they arrived at the venue and in the meantime Alice had managed to work out where everyone else would  sleep while on the bus.  Sean planned on sleeping upstairs with everyone else while Buck, Joe and Malcolm were happy to sleep downstairs with Tommy.

The Fillmore Miami was tonight's venue and it seated nearly 3000 people which seemed like not a lot, but since the room was small, 3000 people was very full. It meant that tomorrow nights show would be very intimate and idea for the kind of atmosphere the Hollywood Vampires would want want and definitely something Shania would want for her first show with the band. The venue was already sold out so there was no worrying about whether or not the 2,713 seats would be filled or not.

The band left the tour bus and hurried inside. Everyone walked onto the stage and looked around the back stage areas. All of the seats were red and made of some type of velvet material. Shy walked out on stage and instantly panicked. As she turned on her heel her shoes made a squeaky noise on the stage floor which made the band turn and stare at her as Shy ran off. Johnny frowned and began walking towards where she ran off to, but Sean grabbed his arm and stopped him. Johnny turned and began to make a fuss, but Sean stopped him and spoke calmly to him, "Man, don't do anything you might regret..."

Johnny rudely shrugged Sean off him. "Sean, I wasn't going to. I want to make sure she's ok-"

"I'll speak to her." Buck said and walked away towards where he thought Shy ran off too.

"Fuck him..." Johnny mumbled to Sean. "Why has Buck always gotta get involved? It's either Buck or Chris... Shy can look after herself..."

"If she can look after herself then why did you try running after her first?"

"Because I care about her a hell of a lot more than the rest of these guys do... I know things about her that nobody else does..."

*

Shy ran outside to the front of the venue. She found a little bench nearby and sat on it. The sun was really beating down on everyone and Since Shania was still wearing a hoodie, she was beyond boiling hot. Within a minute of sitting down and noticing the weather, Buck came walking out of the venue. He walked out the front door and looked left then right. Then when he spotted Shy he jogged over to her and sat down beside her on the bench.

"Hey Shania. Why did you run away?"

"I just started to feel way too nervous and felt like I needed to run."

"Aw, Shania. It's ok to feel scared before your first show. I remember many years ago I was really scared for my first show."

"What made you feel better?"

"To be honest I got absolutely plastered drunk!" Buck said with a laugh. "But to be honest, you should just try and stay as calm as you can just by believing you can do it."

"But what if I mess up?"

"You won't. You've been amazing during every rehearsal and you were great when you played with us in London. Please don't worry."

"Will all of the boys who play the guitars look after me again in case I get nervous and freeze?"

"Yes, of course. You know that we'll have your back tomorrow night."

"I know..."

"Let's go back inside, yeah?"

"Alright."

Shy and Buck stood up and walked back inside to the stage. Only Sean and Malcolm were around now as everyone else was backstage or setting the stuff up ready for tomorrow night. Buck wandered off somewhere so Shy walked around on the stage. Malcolm saw her and walked up to her. "Hello Ms Havoc. The boys have gone backstage."

"Ok. This venue seems quite big, sir. Don't you think so?"

"Yes, I suppose. I imagine that some other venues will be bigger though."

"Yeah... Sir, do you know if anyone else is as nervous as I am?"

"I'm not sure, ma'am." Malcolm replied, "I'm sure they are all a little bit nervous though."

"Ok. I better go backstage and say hello to everyone."

"Ok."

Shy walked away and went off to find the other bandmates. It didn't take long before she heard Tommy shouting and heard him listening to loud music. Shy turned a corner and saw Tommy, Chris and Glen all together vibing to some Ozzy Osborn songs. Shy walked passed their dressing room and wandered further along the corridor until she past a dressing room which had 'Pepe Shalamar' written on the door. Shy frowned and stared at the door, wondering who might be in there. As she did Alice walked out of his dressing room, which was next door, and smiled at her.

"You came back!"

"Yes. Who is Pepe Shalamar?"

"Who do you think he is?"

"I have no idea."

Alice leaned towards Shy and whispered into her ear. "Between you and I, it's Johnny."

"Really? How come he is using a secret code name?"

Alice shrugged. "I think he just likes to play tricks on people. Knock on his door and ask him yourself."

"No. I don't want to disturb him. Where do I go from here?"

"My room is next door to John's, yours is next door to mine." Alice said then pointed into the distance.

"Alright, thank you."

"No problem. The door should be unlocked for you with a key on the vanity table. I think  a couple of your things will be in there already."

"Alright, thank you, Mr Cooper."

"No problem. Just try not to worry about tomorrow."

"I'll try not to. Thank you." Shy walked past Johnny's room and Alice's room until she reached her room. She opened the door and walked inside...