More Than You Know (57)

Johnny took a few steps closer and slowly put his hand under the curtain. He felt a hand touch his and then he felt some movement. The person moved the curtain and began getting out of the bed. It was Shania! She was crying and she seemed very sad. Johnny helped Shy get down by grabbing her arms and waist.

"Shania... are you crying because of me? Sorry, that's a dumb question, I always make you cry or upset. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I've been feeling pretty shitty all day so far..."

"Ok... want to sit downstairs with me?"

"Sure..."

Johnny led Shy downstairs and they both sat on one of the sofa's on the bottle level of the empty tour bus. The bus was quite a pleasant place to be when it was quiet and not moving. Johnny found Shy some tissues to wipe her eyes with and Johnny found some chocolate for her to have as well.

"Not to sound like Professor Lupin from Harry Potter, but do you want some chocolate to make you feel better? It might be Alice's chocolate, but I'm sure he won't mind if you steal a piece." Johnny passed Shy a piece of chocolate and she took it.

"Thank you, Mr Depp." Johnny smiled and sat down beside her. "...I just feel like shit. I'm so fucking stupid!"

"Oi, it's not like you to swear. Stop it! Are you forgetting that I know your dad?"

"Sorry. I'm just in a weird type of mood. I really don't know what I'm doing here. I'm surely not good enough to go on tour with you guys..."

"You're more than good enough. You wouldn't be here if you were bad."

"I know. Johnny, about yesterday, I'm sorry that Sean dragged you away from me. I didn't mean to get you into trouble..."

"Me? I'm sorry for having you witness that! Sean had no right to pull me around like that. It must have scared you..."

"You didn't. I've seen men behave worse. Is Sean in trouble?"

"Nah. At the time he was, but we've all forgotten about it now. I told most of the boys about it too. I hope you don't mind."

"I don't care-"

"We've all been looking everywhere for you. Why are you even hiding here?"

"I felt like poop and I wanted to be alone. I'm sorry. We should be practising for tonight, shouldn't we?"

"Yes and no. Shy, we've already been practising loads before the tour even started. I think we can handle not rehearsing for a while."

"But the show is happening tonight..."

"Yeah, but we've still got plenty of time to practise until then."

Johnny stared at Shy. She stayed looking forward at the little sofa area that was opposite her. As she spoke to him and used the tissue to wipe her nose and eyes Johnny put his left hand on Shy's leg, just above her knee. At first Shy didn't notice, but when she did she turned to her right and stared at Johnny in his eyes. She then leaned back so her back was against the back of the seat and slowly edged closer to Johnny. 

*

Meanwhile, Tommy, Chris and now Sheryl and Alice were looking high and low for Shy because as far as they knew she was still missing. "Any luck?" Chris asked everyone as everyone stood on the centre of the stage.

"Nope. I told Johnny to check the bus so they might be there, but I don't know."

"Ok, we should check there next then..."

*

"Johnny, your eyes look nice." Shy whispered, still staring straight at him.

"Yours too." He replied. 

Johnny edged closer and touched the tip of Shy's nose with his nose. Shy snugged closer to his chest and moved her face closer to his. Shy tilted her head to the right and allowed her lips to meet with Johnny's.  The kiss was very innocent. There wasn't much passion in it, but it was still quite cute. The kiss wasn't too different compared to the kisses they'd shared before, but at least this time it wasn't too sneaky. This was their first real kiss that was equal, normal and loving.

*

As Tommy, Chris, Alice and Sheryl walked around the back of the venue and walked into the car park, they could see that some lights had been switch on inside the bus. Chris, Alice and Sheryl walked ahead of Tommy.

"Should we ask Malcolm or Sean to help us?"

"Nah. We can handle it." Alice said.

*

Shy pulled away from Johnny. "We should stop..." Their faces were till only a couple inches apart from each other when they heard voices from outside. Johnny jumped up and looked out of the nearest window.

"Crap, it's the band." Johnny moved so he was sitting opposite Shania. He saw Chris and Alice climb aboard the bus and walk over to him. They only saw Johnny at first and then they saw Shy hiding opposite him.

"Shania! Where have you been?"

"I was just chilling in here for a while. I felt a little bit sick."

"Is that true?" Alice turned to Johnny.

"Yeah. I found her laying in her bunk bed upstairs. I thought it'd be best if we sat down here and got some fresh air. I should have told you guys about it, sorry."

"No harm done. How do you feel now, Shania?"

"I feel better. I think I'll be ok for tonight, don't worry. Let's go back inside." Shy stood up, squeezed past everyone and walked back to the venue where the dressing rooms were...