Hotel California (61)

As soon as the tour bus entered Jacksonville the boys, who were still awake, jumped up and started chatting louder which woke Shy and Johnny up. Johnny wasn't really awake, but he was snoozing when he heard Tommy shouting about something. Johnny rubbed his eyes and opened up the curtain that covered his bunk. He jumped down onto the floor and then saw Shy's hand poking out of her bunk and watched her pull the curtain away. She looked exhausted. She rubbed her eyes and saw Johnny.

"Hey, Mr Depp."

"Shh, I'm Johnny, remember? I think we're in Jacksonville. Tommy seems to be really excited about it downstairs." 

As he said that they both heard Tommy shout, "Yahoooooo!!!" which made them smile. Johnny helped her get down off the top bunk and they both chilled upstairs for a while. They sat on the down near the window that looked out to the back of the bus and chatted until they reached the hotel.

About 15 minutes later everyone arrived at the hotel. The hotel was very lavish, but also quite minimal and homey. Tommy, Johnny, Joe and Alice had the most expensive hotel rooms on the top floor of the hotel while the others had a very minimal room.

Shy loved her room. She had a giant bed, a balcony which overlooked a road, a fancy bathroom with a bath and a shower, a coffee machine, a tv and a music stereo. Everyone chilled in their room for the rest of the night before it was breakfast time. Shy slept like a baby until 9am which wasn't ideal, but she was tired out from last nights show and the sleepless night.

*knock knock knock*

"Shania? It's me, Johnny. We'll be having some breakfast downstairs in the hotel  restaurant. Are you awake?"

No reply.

"I'll call you later, ok?"

Still no reply. Johnny gave up and went downstairs with another one of his disguises. This mornings disguise was a red baseball cap, his hair tied up in  man bun, a Florida Gators American Football shirt and some Adidas trousers. Johnny looked very chill and just like a local tourist and nothing at all like a Hollywood actor on tour with his band. Tommy nearly didn't realise it was him until he spoke. "I just knocked on Shania's hotel room door, but there was no reply."

"She'll probably still be asleep, man." Tommy replied and grabbed a menu. "I'll buy us all drinks. What do you guys want?"

"I'll have a black coffee." Johnny replied.

"I'll have an orange juice." Alice told him.

"Same for me." Joe replied.

Once Tommy asked all of the boys what they wanted he ordered the drinks. Johnny walked up to the breakfast buffet and put some toast, sausages, bacon and a waffle on his plate and took it back to his seat. By the time everyone had eaten something Shania appeared in the doorway. She was dressed in some causal clothing and she had her hair tied up in a bun. She waved at Alice and he waved her over and made space for her on the table.

"Shania, thank goodness you made it. Sit down and I'll get you a drink. Coffee?"

"No thanks. I'll have some tea, please."

"Alright." Alice went and grabbed Shy a tea.

Shania was sat beside Alice at the end of the table. Johnny was sitting opposite her. He was just finishing off his first plate of food. When he ate the last bite of his sausage he spoke to her.

"Hi, Shy. I did knock on your door but there was no reply."

"Sorry. I only just woke up. How is the food?"

"It's great. I can get you some food if you want."

"Nah. I'll get myself something." Shania got up and grabbed herself a plate and put some toast on it. She then got a hashbrown, a sausage and a pancake and went back to the table. Alice put her cup of tea next to Shy and everyone went back to eating.

As they ate and chatted, Alice explained todays plan.

"So we'll be playing at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena tomorrow night. It's a pretty big venue. It will seat 15,000 seats but we'll only fill about 10,000 of them tomorrow night. We'll be going there this afternoon to check it all out before tomorrows show so if any of you want to join meet us in the lobby at 2pm, ok?"

"Alright."

"Sounds cool."

"Sounds good, Alice." Everyone replied.

*

When 2pm rolled around a few Vampires were in the lobby. Alice, Johnny, Chris and Shania were waiting there with Sean and Malcolm. They took a taxi to the venue and then they checked it out...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for 10k views on this story. Knowing that people keep reading it makes me smile. :)