SPECIAL CHAPTER PART 3

She leans in ever so slightly, their noses brushing, "Well maybe I-" she got cut off when the balcony doors open and Thranduil strode in making her pull away and curtsy to the King with her face bright red.

"At ease, Lady (y/n), I'm happy to see you." He smiled before turning to his son, "As for you, the guests wondering where the Crown Prince may be."

Legolas can't help but smirk at Thranduil's interruption, his eyes twinkling mischievously as he glances over at the door. He can't help but snicker at (y/n)'s reaction. His eyes twinkle with amusement as he looks back at her, a playful expression on his face.

"Of course father, I will see to the guests at once." He says casually, giving (y/n) a look before heading inside.

Once he was out of sight she slipped on her mask one more, bowing to the king before heading inside to the party, "a dance, my lady?"a masked man offered, deciding to give him a chance she nodded, Legolas was off talking with the other guests and she was bored out of her wits end.

Legolas can't help but smile as (y/n) exits out onto the dance floor. He shakes his head, his eyes twinkling mischievously as he watches her go. Once she leaves, he shrugs his shoulders and heads back into the party, ready to dance once more. He's smiling wide now as he moves through the crowd, his eyes sparkling as he sees (y/n) dancing with other men.

He quickly becomes bored of the party, however, and finds himself standing alone at the edge of the crowd. He watches her from a distance as she dances, his eyes following her every move.

She laughs at something the man says, clearly not noticing the eyes that are watching her, soon the dance ends and the man gives her hand a kiss making her blush, which he can clearly see.

Legolas's smile turns into a sarcastic grin as the man kisses her hand and walks away. He leans back against the wall, continuing to watch her from a distance. He can see that she's blushing, and it makes him feel a little bit off.

He pulls on his mask, hiding his smirk from everyone else, and continues to watch as people come and go and the music continues to play. She dances, laughs, and jokes with so many other people, but she never seems to look in his direction. He can't help but feel a little bit jealous.

She spots him in the crowd and bounds over to him, "your highness, did you see the way he danced with me?" She gaped, "And he's a prince from the neighboring kingdom." she gushed dreamily.

"Oh, how wonderful," Legolas replies, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "You must be so proud to have danced with a prince."

He can't help but roll his eyes as he continues. "You'll have to forgive me, my lady," he says, a hint of bitterness in his voice. "I'm not as enamored with the idea of him with you."

"In fact," he continues, his tone laced with sarcasm. "I think I would much prefer to see you dance with me rather than a prince like that."

She stares up at him for a second with a pointed look, "My my, are you..jealous?"

Legolas's eyes widen, and his face goes red as a tomato. He is taken aback for a moment, but he quickly recovers and replies in a teasing tone.

"Jealous?" He asks, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Why would I be jealous? You can dance with whoever you choose to. It makes no difference to me."

He stares down at her with a smirk, his eyes twinkling mischievously as he crosses his arms over his chest. "What a ridiculous accusation."

"Oh? So if i were to dance with that elf again, if he were to offer a marriage proposal, you wouldn't do anything?" She asks holding onto his sleeve.

"Not a thing," he replies confidently. "After all, what can I possibly do? You're free to marry whoever you choose. I have no right to protest."

He stares down into her eyes, his face still red from embarrassment. "I've no claim on your heart, my lady," he adds in a sincere tone. "If you wish to marry someone, then I must congratulate you and move on."

He can feel her eyes on him, and the warmth from her touch makes him feel flustered. "Do you have someone in mind?"

"Should i go find him right now and demand a marriage proposal?" He didn't answer her only grabbed her by the wrist wrist and lead her to the balcony again where it was just the two of them.

"Why yes, my lady, if that's what you wish," he says with a grin, a hint of sarcasm in his tone. "If you think your prince would be right for you, then by all means, go find him and propose."

His eyes twinkle mischievously as he continues to hold on to her wrist. "In fact," he says with a grin, "I'll even help you. I'll write you a beautiful poem, all to encourage him to ask for your hand."

He can feel her eyes on him, and his own heart is fluttering with a mixture of jealousy and confusion.

"Of course that's not what i want, you are very much aware on what i want." Her eyes searched his face, "So will you really not do anything if he were to ask for my hand?"

"Is that what you want?" Legolas asks, his voice low and quiet. "For me to protest? For me to ask you to marry me instead?"

He pulls her close to him, and their faces are only a few inches apart. He looks into her eyes, and he can feel his heart fluttering with emotions.

"Tell what you want," he says in a low and soft tone. "What is it that your heart really desires?"

"Gods is it not obvious enough? Need I spell it out that my heart belongs to you, your highness?" She sighed infuriatingly.

[EDITOR MEL HERE I HAD PAUSE BRO, CAUSE BY THE GODS MY HEART WAS POUNDING AS I WAS EDITING, REMIND ME AGAIN WHY I DIDN'T GO FOR THIS PLOT??]

"Is that really what you want?" Legolas asks, a slight tint of red on his cheeks. "Do you want to be my bride?"

His words are soft and sincere, and he's a little bit flustered as he looks down at her. "Do you want to marry me?"

He can feel his heart fluttering with excitement, and he looks into her eyes, a genuine smile on his face. "Would you say yes, if I asked?"

"My heart burns for you, Legolas..' she admits meekly, "and I am unsure if.. if yours does the same for mine. I'mstartingto think it doesn't. " She whispers, meeting his gaze.

Legolas lets out a sigh. "That is incorrect," he says softly, his voice filled with sincerity. "My heart does burn for you. And it would be the greatest honor in the world for me to call you my wife."

He leans down close to her, and their faces are only inches apart. He looks into her eyes, and he can feel his heart beating in his chest.

"Will you say yes to me?" he asks in a quiet, gentle voice. "Will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?"

She leans up and meets his lips in a soft kiss, her mask dropping to the ground as she pulled him towards her by the collar of his coat.

Legolas's eyes widen in surprise, and the heat floods his cheeks as he realizes what is about to happen. His heart leaps into his throat as her lips press against his, and as she pulls him closer, he finally gives in.

He wraps his arms around her, pulling her closer. His eyes are closed as he kisses her passionately, his mind filled with the sensations of her lips against his. His heart pounds in his chest as he savors every moment of it, his hand slowly exploring the curves of her body as their tongues meet.

They pull away breathlessly, "Was.. Was that a yes?" He asked a bit dazed as he brushed his lips against hers for just a moment.

She smiled against his lips, "Yes. It's a yes."

~•~

HAPPY 4 YEARS OLD TO THIS STORY LOL, HOPE YOU LIKED THE SPECIAL CHAPTERS, MAKE SURE TO COMMENT AND VOTE, I LOVE READING UR THOUGHTS<3