||Chapter 22||

Third Person Pov

A scream echoes through the royal bedchambers, (y/n) lying on the bed about to deliver the baby, Legolas was besides her, trying his best not to scream as well from his wife's strong grip on his numbing hand.

"Keep pushing my lady, we can see the baby's crown!" The midwife said over the screams.

"You heard her hervess nin*, pu—" Legolas was cut off by (y/n), "Oh please shut up for a moment Legolas, I am in so much pain I would rather be stabbed by an orc! In my eye—AAAAHHHH!!"

Tears streamed down (y/n)'s reddened cheeks as she pushed with all her might, letting out a cry as she felt as though she was being torn open.

So suddenly a babies cry was heard, making (y/n) lean back in the bed, exhaustion overcoming her senses making her pant, "Is.. is he alright?" She asked her husband, who was currently looking over as the midwife washed the baby and cut his umbilical cord.

"He's fine my love, he's—he's beautiful." He whispered, tearing up slightly as the midwife handed the child to him, "He's got you're eyes.." He says softly, she smiled at this.

"I want to hold him, please." She said, her handmaiden Elbereth helped her sit up before placing more pillows behind her and making her lean back comfortably, Legolas slowly placed the baby in her arms, minding his fragile head.

"Cúron.. ion nin*.. Le bain sui ninniach*..." She whispered, a tired smile appearing at her lips, this was it, this was the beginning of a new chapter for them, and a new story for the little one.

~•~

"Thranduil hush you'll wake them." A voice spoke, followed by a smack, "You hush! I've just been keeping quiet." Another replied.

"If you two keep talking that loudly (y/n) and your grandson wouldn't get proper rest." Legolas spoke to the two, making (y/n) open her eyes, it had been a few months since she gave birth, it hadn't really been easy for her and Legolas, fortunately for the both of them Cúron didn't need much tending to, he was a quiet one that's for sure, and intelligent too.

"Ada, King Thranduil." (y/n) greeted politely, picking up Cúron—who was still a bit drowsy and making gurgling noises, "Don't be so hard on them Legolas, they just want to see the little one."

Cúron gurgled happily at the sight of his grandparents, his little arms reaching out to them, "There now, calm down young one." Your Ada took him from her arms and grinned down at Cúron.

"Oh would you look at that, come Thranduil, we shall bond with him today." Her father stepped out of the room, Thranduil trailing behind him trying to make Cúron smile with his staff.

"They've done this yesterday too." (Y/n) laughed, "At this rate your son will be given the throne before you meleth nin." Legolas chuckled at this, wrapping his arms around her, "Then that just gives me more time to spend with you."

She rolled her eyes but nonetheless gave him a kiss, "When will the crowning be?" She asked her husband, turning her body and wrapping her arms around him, "In a few weeks time, there's still lots to prepare." "I could help, but you and your father won't let me." She pouted.

"You need to rest, I know taking care of our son is hard enough, and when I'm crowned I want you; my queen, to be in rested shape." Legolas smiled warmly before letting a sigh escape his lips, "Could you believe it meleth nin, the things we went through to get here."

"..."

"..."

"I love you, Legolas."

"I love you more, (y/n)."

.
.

"We should go check on them before they actually do something to our son."

"We could make another on—" "Legolas!"