||Chapter 10||

(y/n)'s Pov

7 months have passed and you and Legolas have been getting closer and closer every day.

Just the other week you two had some fun going out on a picnic, you got lost in the woods—as Legolas predicted.

But you didn't mind, you had plenty of time to yourself before he found you.

"How is it that you always get lost?" he asked as you two were walking back to the cabin.

"How is it that you keep finding me?" You replied laughing.

"It's easy to find things that you love, things that pop out." He stated bluntly.

You doubled over in shock, "Are you implying that you love me?" you asked with a cheeky smile.

He looked at you with a mischievous smirk and looked away from you, "Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. Or maybe you just stood out."

You just grinned and hooked your arms with him, "You love me, you just don't know it yet."

He shook his head with a smile.

~•~

Today Legolas made a target practice range for archery and you sat by the log watching as he shot arrow after arrow, always hitting the center of the target.

He finished and turned over to you with a grin, "Think you could beat that (y/n)?"

You just wanted to wipe that cocky smirk off his adorable face.

"Legolas I could beat you any day." You taunted, walking over to him and taking his bow and an arrow into your expert hands.

You turned to the target and drew your arm back, releasing the arrow and watched as it predictably hit the center target, splitting the previous arrow in half.

Lesolas turned to you in shock, mouth halfway opened and eyes wide with surprise, "I seemed to have miscalculated my doubt in you. That was awesome!"

You walked over to him with a shy smile and handed him back his weapon, "Ah no.. I missed it by a centimeter.."

He laughed, "Why on middle earth are you not part of the guard? Like your parents are? How did you look so cool in a dress as elegant as that? Where did you learn your skills?"

He seemed so excited to hear your story, and frankly you couldn't resist those electric blue eyes, or that darned smile.

You sighed and sat on the soft grass, he sat down as well and scooted closer to you, leaning a hand on his chin.

He leaned in expectantly and you rolled your eyes at him playfully, "Excited are we?" his ears tinted red and leaned back a little.

"Ah well.. Just—you know, I wanted to get to know you more." He bashfully smiled and looked away from you.

You pinched his cheek with a ringing laugh, "You dork, okay where should I start?"

"At the beginning I suppose." He grinned.

You closed your eyes as you began your tale.

~•~

"Prepare to head out!" Came your command, the soldiers who heard, eagerly took their position behind you.

You were captain of the guard, one of the many prides of Lothlórien, your silver armour shone under the morning sun as your hair flew out gracefully in the wind.

You were a born leader, your parents—previous captains were more than proud of you.

You were known as The Silver Shadow.

"The enemy heads east captain, what is your plan?" A soldier said.

You turned to them with a determined look, "We approach them from behind, we'd have a more chance of attacking by surprise."

Nods and murmurs of agreement rang through the air.

You swiftly hopped onto your horse and led the elves to battle.

An hour had passed and the battle kept on going, you hadn't expected them to be so many.

And as you dug your sword through another orc, you felt a searing pain in your chest, an arrow pierced through your armor.

You gasped for breath, falling into your knees you started to crawl away from the battlefield,

It all happened so fast, you barely remembered the battle ending, you being carried, the pain you felt as healers pulled the arrow out, nor the sound of crying as your parents saw your condition.

All you could remember were screams, an agonizing scream of a fallen warrior, your screams.

It was all a blur.

Then you woke up, alone and tired, but alive nonetheless.

Ever since then your mother and father were very keen on keeping you away from the battles and on to a more simplier life.

~•~

"I know that keeping me from the battlefield was their way of showing they care but I can't help but miss the excitement sometimes." You finished.

He stared at you for a good solid minute before taking your hand in his, "You're The Silver Shadow. Long have I waited to put a face on that name!"

He got up and pulled you up as well, he picked you up by the waist and spun you around, "Mellon you make me so happy I could just marry you! The Silver Shadow!"

He placed you down with a cheeky grin, "Oh wait, I am!"

That adorable bastard.

~•~

Vote and comment! I love you guys!