||Chapter 5||

Third Person Pov

As (y/n) made her way to find her parents, Legolas was summoned by his father.

"Ada." He acknowledged, bowing in the presence of the Elvenking.

In the past, the two men were cold towards each other, their relationship had yet to grow, but ever since the battle of the five armies, their bond was growing ever so slightly.

"Legolas, the council of Mirkwood has decided," he paused, gracefully sitting back down on his throne, "You and lady Aredhal will have to spend a year with each other."

Legolas nodded, taking in the information.

"Ada.." He started, making sure his voice didn't waver.

"Do you, know where Tauriel might be? It's been so long." he asked, almost in a soft tone.

The Elvenking's head snapped towards Legolas and his gaze softened.

He knew of Legolas' feelings for the former captain of the guards, but it was not true love. She was not his one.

He mistook transitory love for a true one.

"Avaro naeth. (Don't worry.) She is well on her own." He replied, turning away and dismissing his son.

~•~

(y/n) was in the gardens, contemplating about what her parents had informed her.

"Mother what if I do not wish to be wed? Go back to the guards.." She asked, her mother smiled sadly at her.

"We cannot risk loosing you again, my dear." Her father said, giving her hair a gentle pat.

"You said to marry for love, did you not?" She asked softly, sadness lacing her tone. " I do not think I am ready.."

Her father smiled as her mother held her close, "All will be well in time my dear, trust that our decision is for the best."

She faked a smile.

"It is all too soon.." she mumbled to herself, stopping to smell the lilac flower that seemed out of place from the hundreds of roses surrounding it.

Legolas spotted the elleth and had stopped walking, he was about to call out to her when he caught himself.

He stared at her for what seemed to be the longest time, taking in everything he could about her.

From her flowing golden hair, ruby red lips and dainty fingertips, she looked beautiful, no ellon would deny that fact.

He shook his head and cleared his thoughts, "(y/n)! Mellon!"

He waltzed over to her with long strides, grinning down at her.

"What did your parents say about your matters of the heart?" He asked jokingly.

(y/n) stood up and let a smile come to her soft features, "Time will tell, they said."

She turned to him fully and brushed a stray hair behind her pointed ears, her blue eyes holding a childlike wonder.

(A/N: GUYS ISTG IDK HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE TO SAY THIS BUT THE PIC IS FOR REFERENCE ONLY HOLY- STOP GIVING THE ORIGINAL ARTIST SHIT FOR IT, IF U DON'T LIKE THE REFERENCE THEN JUST, THINK OF UR H/C, E/C AND OTHER STUFF U WANNA CHANGE >:(( )

Legolas held in a breath unknowingly, he scanned her face before taking her hand in his.

(y/n) was at a loss for words, her heart hammering in her chest and mixed emotions clouded her mind.

"You.." Legolas started.

(y/n) listened intently, anticipated at what he might say.

"You.. Have dirt on your face." He said seriously, using his thumb to wipe the said dirt off the elleth's cheek.

She sighed in relief, "You scared me.." she admitted softly.

He grinned at her, "I know." He replied, pinching her cheek.

Legolas took her arm and they started walking around the garden, arm in arm and equally at peace.

They stopped to rest on a grassy clearing, (y/n) was making a flowercrown, whilst guiding Legolas with his.

"Do not rush, mellon nin.(my friend)" She instructed, laughing softly at his determined features.

Legolas tried to follow through, but it was harder than how (y/n) made it out to be.

He looked up from his work, "Have your parents told you of the council's decision?" He asked, she paused her twining and looked up confused.

"No one has informed me, what of it? What is our fate?" she softly pressed on.

He gave a solemn look, "They are sending us out to a cabin in the woods. Just outside the edge of our borders."

She frowned, she knew they'd both survive. But honestly, what was the point? They'd still be wed in the end.

"How long?" She mumbled, "Hmm?" came his confused reply.

"How long do we have to stay there?" She asked a little louder.

He pondered for a moment before replying, "A year at most is what my father said. All the needed neccessities will be provided. We just need to.. Be there I guess.. We set off tomorrow, after breakfast."

Legolas had a faint tint on his cheeks as he tried to explain their fate, he had never done this, with an elleth no less! An elleth like (y/n).

(y/n) noticed his uncomfortable state and took his hand in hers. "We shall let fate play us, mellon nin. Whatever happens, we should accept it. In the end, the future is not ours to decide."

She gave a reassuring smile, yet deep inside, it was more to herself than to him.

~•~

Vote and comment pls :')