||Chapter 8||

(y/n)'s Pov

The sun shone brightly out your window and you couldn't help but groan and turn over to the other side,

the sun seemed to shine brighter and taking that as a sign, you sat up.

You sighed knowing that you'd have to get up sooner or later, you had a lot of chores to do,
and your mother would barge in if you didn't get up now.

You paused your thoughts, you were not back at your home, you were somewhere new,

With someone new.

You let a sigh escape your lips and pulled the covers off your body,

deciding to bathe first before you cooked breakfast for Legolas and yourself.

You entered the small bathroom and readied a bath, quickly stripping you stepped into the cold water and shivered slightly.

You quickly bathed yourself and changed into a simple green dress that went past your knee,

Great for the outdoors.

you brushed through your hair, it was now below your calf, and braided the sides, meeting them at the back of your head, it was simple.

You wore no jewelry, other than your necklace of pure starlight, every elleth are to recieve one traditionally.

Passed down from generation to generation, and given to an elf's true love. His or her 'one'.

You looked at yourself in the mirror one last time before you stepped out of your room,

the first thing you smelled was the sweet smell of pancakes, (bear with me here) and the sweet aroma of different kinds of fruit.

You walked into the kitchen and smiled, "Good morning Legolas. So kind of you to make breakfast." you greeted politely.

He turned to you and grinned widely, "Morning mellon nin! I took it upon myself to cook the first meal of today. I hope you do not mind." he said sweetly.

You pulled up a chair and sat down, "Oh no, not at all, I will just cook the next meal then." he placed the last of the pancake on a plate and set it on the table with the fruits.

With equal stacks of pancake you both quietly ate your breakfast, "This is delicious Legolas, where did you learn to cook?" you striked up.

He popped a berry into his mouth as he recalled a memory, "I used to sneak inside the palace's kitchen behind my father's back." he smirked.

"I picked up a thing or two, don't tell my father i did that." You gave a soft giggle and nodded, placing a finger on your lips, "I promise."

You both finished up the rest of your breakfast and you washed the dirty dishes.

Legolas met you outside when you were done, "Let us start with the garden!"

You suggested enthusiastically. He laughed at you and grabbed your hand, leading you both to the back.

There laid the small garden you were oh so in love with. A lot of vegetation was already growing and it was well tended too!

"Father sent someone to tend to the cabin every few weeks before we made our move in." He explained, smiling at your gawked expression.

"They did such a beautiful job on this garden. Had they used magical elven water? The vegetables look even more greener than how I saw them yesterday!"

You slipped off your flats and walked barefoot towards the potatoes, Legolas watched in curiosity, "What are you doing?" he asked.

"I have decided that for lunch I will make us some vegetable curry, now start uprooting the carrots please."

He nodded and walked towards the orange beauties, plucking them out carefully and swiftly.

You made the soil a bit easier to work with and pulled on the stem, tugging a bit more you fell back with an 'oof' as potatoes scattered around you.

One in particular hit Legolas in the back of his head, "Ow!" he turned to you with a pout then saw your disheveled look.

He laughed at your state and went over to help you up, once you were standing upright he brushed off the remaining dirt that clung to you.

"There all better, lets pick up the remaining vegetables and head back inside." he started, already tossing a potato inside a brown basket.

You piled as much as you can into your arms and dumped the potatoes in before helping Legolas with the carrots.

Once you two were done with your tasks, you took a moment to sit by the lake in front of the cabin.

The water glimmers magically under the sun's gaze, beautifully rippling, as various fishes came up with curiosity,

towards the two strangers by the bank, talking about nothing and everything at the same time.

Your hands brushed over the warm water ever so gently, watching the ripple spread in a meteoric way, unware of the icy-blue eyes and their flash of unknown emotions.

Waiting patiently, knowing soon enough the two will learn to accept, what they thought they could not.

~•~

Blame my sickness for these late updates :') pls vote and comment. Also thank you for the reads!!