||Chapter 4||

(y/n)'s Pov

By the time you had caught up to him you were gasping for breath, laughing as you did.

You had made it out of the forest and tackled Legolas to the ground, which was pretty badass considering you were wearing a dress and heels.

"I caught you!" You grinned in triumph as Legolas groaned under you.

He was facing the dirt floor, with you on his back laughing.

"I'm sorry! Please release me, Oh mighty (y/n)!" He pleaded half jokingly.

You complied, getting off him and dusting of your dirtied white dress,

"You made my dress dirty. You are to be sent to the dungeon!" You squealed in your most girlish voice.

Resulting in both you and Legolas laughing a few seconds later, it seems you got along quite well with him now.

You felt yourself being lifted off the ground as a small gasp of surprise passed your lips, he was carrying you bridal style.

"Let me carry you home Mellon nin. Your feet must be tired from chasing me." He said with a smile.

You protested with a blush, saying that you were fine and not tired, and that you were heavy.

He brushed you off and showed off by throwing you up and catching you again—which almost scared the immortal life out of you.

You sighed in defeat and rested your head against his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat.

~•~

You awoke a few hours later in your bed, yawning as you rubbed the sleep out of your eyes.

You turn your head to your desk, seeing a rose on top of a small note.

You smiled as you took the beautiful flower, And delicately placed it on your lap.

You unfolded the note and read quitely,

Dearest (y/n)

You are cute when you sleep, so I have decided not to wake you when we had arrived, please join me for lunch, I will send your handmaiden to lead you to the dining hall. Also, I meant what I said. You have a beautiful voice, and I wish to hear you sing again.

Legolas.

You placed the note down with a smile, what a charmer he was.

You got off the bed, and placed the note back on the desk, you filled a small vase and placed the rose in it.

Looking down at your dress, you realized it was far too dirty to wear to lunch, so with little effort you slipped it off and went off to take a quick bath.

A knock sounded at your door just as you finished styling your hair, and placing the flower in because it seemed fitting.

"Come in." You answered.

The door opened to reveal Elebereth, bowing once she saw you, "Mellon nin please, do not bow to me." You said softly.

She complied and smiled warmly, "You are too kind, my lady."

You said nothing and smiled as she led you out, you both quietly made your way towards the dining hall.

A few elves you'd pass by would bow or wave and you would send them a nod and smile in acknowledgement .

Elbereth bowed once more as she left you once you reached the familiar oak doors that lead to the dining hall.

The guards opened it with ease and once again you saw Legolas stand from his seat and walked over to you.

"brennil nín(My lady), I am glad you could join me. Baneth lín síla celair(your beauty shines brightly)
He commented, leading you to your chair once again.

Lunch was pleasing, the calm atmosphere was just what you needed after the fun you had.

"Ah, Thank you for the flower by the way, it is beautiful." You said with a grin.

He mumbled under his breath and gave you a cheeky grin in return, "It reminded me of you. Beautiful, but still fierce."

'smooth' You thought to yourself, feeling your cheeks flush.

You coughed, willing your reddened cheeks back to their color and playfully rolled your eyes.

"Flirting will not get you anywhere, Legolas." You pointed out.

"I am not flirting, I am telling the truth." He said with a wink, a wink!

You scoffed playfully and stood up, "I assume you say this to every elleth?" you asked smirking, getting out from your place.

"Ah you caught me, but I assure you—I have only complimented two people, my mother. And well, you."

You bit your lip, trying to hide your smile, "Thank you for lunch, Prince Legolas. Now if you'll excuse me, I must discuss a matter with my parents." You replied.

"Matters of the heart perharps?" He retorted, you turned to him with a soft smile.

"Perhaps." was your only reply before the doors shut behind you, leaving Legolas to grin upon your departing.

~•~

Please vote and comment :')