||Prologue||

Legolas' Pov

"My Prince Legolas!" An elf ran up to me, shouting urgently in my common tongue.

That was what I first got when I had stepped inside the castle gates, I have just returned after 20 years of traveling, surely nothing has gone too bad?

"My prince. It is of your father." The guard gasped out, panting as he skidded to a stop in front of me.

Oh Ada.. What have you done now? I shook my head with a slight smile.

"What has Ada done this time? Set fire to the gardens? Wage war with the men?" I asked jokingly.

The guard looked confused for a moment before regaining posture.

"He wishes to speak to you about a very important matter, and he said it was best to settle it now." The guard bowed before running off.

I calmly made my way to the throne room, knowing that's where the king would be found at this time of day.

"First day back and not even a welcome? You're too cruel Ada." I called jokingly, only then did I notice two other people in the room.

"Ah, I apologize for my sudden intrusion." They waved me off with a smile and a nod.

I approached my father, "You wished to speak to me?"

He stood up and pulled me into a brief embrace before sitting back down on his throne.

"Welcome home ion nin (my son). We were just talking about what I was going to inform you of." He said, gesturing to the unnamed Elves.

"Legolas, these are Lord and Lady Aredhal. You are to be wed to their daughter (y/n)." My eyes widen in surprise.

Two of the most strongest guards in Lothlórien, their skills were far superior than mine, thus giving them the titles 'Lightning and Thunder' in the concept of war.

I was to be wed to their daughter? I suddenly felt angry, the thought of marrying not for love suddenly irked me.

It was common for nobles to have their children wed for bonds or riches.

And I could understand why Ada would want to forge an allegiance with Lothlórien, with both armies combined-no one would dare do any form of assault towards the two parties again.

War would be a low probability.

This was for the people, but what about me?

"If this is what the people need then, so be it." I lifted my chin up high.

This is for my people.

~•~