||Chapter 13||

(y/n)'s Pov

The eyes stepped out under the moonlit glow and three orcs stood face to face with you, one—who you assumed was the leader, held a menacing grin.

"Look what we have here, a little elf." You took a small step back, then broke off into a full sprint, your white dress dirtying up as it harshly grazed the dirt floor.

You heard the footsteps behind you come closer, you ran faster than you ever did before, reaching into your bag you rummaged around for a dagger or something you could use.

You groaned in frustration as you were met with nothing, as you ran faster your dress got caught on a brach and you yelped in surprise as you stumbled back.

You tried to pull the dress off and your efforts were not futile, and soon enough you were once again running.
You neared a cave and as you were about to jump in you felt a searing pain on your shoulder, it was an arrow.

You bit your lip from screaming and panted as you slipped inside the narrow cave, you heard the orcs pass you and you felt relief pass through your weary body.

Tears poured from your eyes as you slid down, you broke the arrow in half and pulled it out carefully, letting out a sob from the burning pain.

The wound had rapidly turned into a hideous black and purplish color, and you had come to realize that the arrow was tipped with poison.

Your body started to feel feverish as you took in deep breath trying to regain your normal breathing, a small cry of pain escaped your lips.

Why did you storm off like that?

You must have made Legolas so worried.

No he's probably not.

You care about him.

No, you're just confused.

You wished he was here.

You were Lost.

You curled up in a ball and cried into your hands, from both the pain and regret you felt. (pic for reference)

The life of an elf may be an immortal one, but it could also be taken away so quickly in a heartbeat.

Suddenly there was rustling from a nearby bush, and a voice you never thought you'd hear again.

"(y/n)!!! Where are you?!" It was Legolas.

You looked up from your position and saw Legolas looking around frantically, your name spilling from his lips as he ran to and fro.

"Legolas.." His name came out in a breathless whisper as you reached a shaking hand out to him.

And as if Valar heard your plea he turned and you were met with a pair of icy-blue eyes laced with concern, Legolas ran over as quickly as he could and kneeled infront of your frail form.

He quickly pulled you to his chest and mumbled out apologies profusely, you winced in pain and could only lean forward in comfort as your head throbbed.

He pulled away and gasped at your condition, "You're bleeding!" In one swift motion he scooped you up into his arms and was now dashing through the forest.

The cabin was now in sight and with little to no effort Legolas kicked down the door and laid you on the couch, a sickening feeling grew in your stomach as the wound kept bleeding.

Your blood was dripping down to the wooden floor and your head was spinning, your eyes dilated as you tried your best to focus on your surroundings.

Legolas rushed in with a bowl and a rag and a weed you knew all too well, kingsfoil, used not only to extract poison but to make sure the patient was well enough to survive through a feverish haze.

You laid still and prepared yourself for the pain you knew that was to come, Legolas chewed the weed into a paste like substance before he spat it out and pressed it into the open wound.

You could only see fire as the herb met contact with your skin, beads of sweat rolled down your forehead as you screamed in agony.

Legolas tried to block out your screams and focused on the task at hand, saving your life, "Ceven dhaer, anno vellas lín enin 'raw hen!(Great earth, may you give your strength to this body!)"

"Ceven dhaer, anno vellas lín enin 'raw hen!(Great earth, may you give your strength to this body!)" You were crying and begging for the pain to stop.

"Ceven dhaer, anno vellas lín enin 'raw hen!(Great earth, may you give your strength to this body!)" You felt weak and vulnerable, wanting to cry but you had ran out of tears.

He repeated the incantation a few more times before your screams subsided, leaving both you and him mentally exhausted, you more than him.

Legolas quickly wrapped the wound up and kneeled infront of your worn out form, he took your hand in his looking at your now peaceful face with guilt and many more emotions he could not fanthom.

He was lost.

~•~

See what I did at the end there? Wink wonk hahaha vote and comment!
Also thank you so much dear readers for your support! I love you guys!

Facts about author: I'm Seventeen :')