||Chapter 9||

(y/n)'s Pov

It had been a week now, you and Legolas have already made agreeable terms and conditions, and you both knew where you stood.

You think of all of this as two friends having to share a home, nothing more, nothing less, like roomates.

Legolas thinks that you two are having a year long sleepover and that you should 'be more lively', but you knew he only said that after you denied the 'cookies' he made.

They were rock hard. And here you thought he was an excellent cook,

"How do you know how to make pancakes, but not cookies?" you asked after spitting the rock hard treat out of your tainted mouth.

"I don't know how to respond to that, usually they taste badder than this. This, this is an improvement."

He said it with such pride, you stared at him for a full on minute, trying to process his words.

You just sighed and let him be, "Honestly, next time let's do it together okay?"

He nodded and discarded the rocks, yes rocks, they were too hard to be the cookies you grew to know.

It was just a normal week.

You sat on the couch and closed your eyes, feeling tired from working in the garden all morning.

Your muscles felt sore and you felt drained, "Tired?" Legolas asked, plopping down beside you.

"Very." came your reply, a yawn escaped your lips and you leaned over and rested your head on his shoulder.

He tensed at your touch before gradually relaxing, he shifted you both into a more comfortable position and let you lay on his lap.

He ran his fingers through your hair and hummed a familiar tune, it was what you sang back at the palace.

"How do you still remember that?" you asked, opening your eyes to look up at him.

He peered down at you and gave a toothy grin, "One does not simply forget a song of an angel."

Cue the wink, and that adorable laugh.

You rolled your eyes and reached up to pinch his cheek, "Cheeky bastard.." you mumbled.

He flicked your forehead and chuckled softly, "I know I am, is that so surprising?" he teased.

He continued combing through your hair, still humming that tune.

You couldn't help but smile as you relaxed in his touch, "Why don't you sing, Legolas?"

He stopped running through your hair and gave a small laugh, you looked up at him.

"If I sing. Will you sing right after?" He offered, you thought about it for a bit then nodded.

"I will. I promise, now sing a song already you goof." He just laughed at you and nodded.

"Alright, close your eyes and just relax okay? You've had a long day." You hummed and closed your eyes slowly.

You felt his fingers run through your hair once more and he took a breath in.

His voice came out in a gentle whisper.

"You're saying it's hopeless.. That I should hope less.. Heaven can help us well maybe she might."

You felt the power of emotions behind those words, it was saddening. You knew this song. You sang it before.

"You say it's beyond us. What is beyond us? Let's see and decide."

He sounded so lost, it broke your heart to hear him like this, nonetheless you kept quiet and listened.

"We've been meteoric, even before this. Burns half as low when it's twice as bright. So if it's beyond us, then it's beyond us. Let's see and decide.."

You felt as though he was talking about the events that happened, everything is happening so fast.

You couldn't even begin to imagine how Legolas feels in all of this.

"And I will still be here stargazing, I still look up, look up, look up for love, I will still be here stargazing I still look up, look up, look up for love."

You sat up and he looked over at you in confusion, you patted your lap and he laid down hesitantly.

You continued the song softly,

"I'm trying to save us. You don't want to save us, you blame human nature and say it's unkind."

You combed your fingers through his hair, he closed his eyes and leaned into your touch.

"Let's make up our own minds, we got our whole lives, let's see and decide.. Decide.."

You massaged his scalp with a smile, watching the stress fall from his face.

"And I will still be here stargazing, I still look up, look up, look up for love. Stars don't disappear, they keep blazing."

You played with the strands of his hair.

"Even when the night is over, that's how I find the light."

You finished the song and he opened his eyes to look up at you.

You both looked into each other's eyes and smiled, yup just a normal week.

~•~

Song used: Stargazing acoustic cover.

Omg guysssss since when did I get 1k reads? Honestly I don't deserve you guys :')