||Chapter 15||

(y/n)'s Pov

The kiss was slow and passionate, leaving you both wanting for more as you pulled away, "(y/n) I—" You cut him off.

"This.. I'm confused Legolas.." You confessed, pulling away from his hold, cheeks tinted red and fists clenched.

Legolas nodded at you, "I must have been too forward. I apologize.." he whispered meekly.

You placed a hand on his cheek and he leaned in unconsbciously, "Let us take our time.. Please?" You whispered, he placed his forehead against yours, looking into your eyes.

"I understand that we still coming to terms with our feelings.. But if I told you I loved you, would you love me back?" He asked, taking your hand in his and placing a gentle kiss on it.

You frowned, "I.. I do.. But I'm terribly confused. But I promise to give you my answer as soon as possible." You assured, smiling ever so gently.

He wrapped his arms around you, pulling you close once more, "Then would you allow me to court you?" You blinked in surprise, was he really doing this?

Your entire face tinted red, matching an apple as you shyly nodded, "Of course.." He pulled away with a grin.

He carefully lead you back to the blanket, sitting you down. You both continued your picnic, talking about nothing to everything.

It was one of those moments where you felt like a new chapter was opening up for the both of you, for the better or worse. You will accept it.

You both cleaned up and headed back inside.

~•~

The weeks quickly passed and you only had three more months before you and Legolas are called back to the palace, Legolas had been extremely sweet and you couldn't help but get jittery with these new feelings you held.

The sun shone through the window of the livingroom as you sat reading a book, Legolas was tending to the horses and you have just returned from the garden.

The door opened and you glanced up from your book, "I'm back." He smiled, you gave a small smile in return and patted the space next to you on the couch.

"Legolas, I wish to give you my answer." You started slowly. His ears perked up and eagerly sat down on the couch next to you.

You looked away from him, eyes filled with emotions you still couldn't comprehend, "I..I apologize.. But although there is something there, I just... Can't."

You chose your words carefully and the smile on Legolas' face faded into a a thin line, "Oh.." He mumbled.

You quickly took his hand in yours, "I mean, everything is just going way too fast Legolas!" you confessed, he pulled his hand away and looked at you with a heavy heart.

"I understand, but I mean—we're getting married anyway." He retorted.

"That's the point! Although they sent us alone together to be at least acquainted, one year is simply not enough I want to be with you Legolas, I really do but I—" A loud knock resonated throughout the cabin and you hung your head with a sigh, you wanted to tell him.

But now was not the time.

"Caun Legolas Thranduilion(Prince Legolas son of Thranduil)." A meek voice said, muffled by the door. You approached and opened the door to find a palace messenger.

You rose an eyebrow at him, "What is your business here?" you asked softly, not bothering to speak in your common tongue, "My lady, you and the prince are needed at the palace. It is an urgent matter that the king would like to speak with you two personally."

You nodded at this, "Very well. Give us two days at most." you replied, the messenger nodded, bowed, and then turned to leave.

You shut the door and turned, slightly jumping as you saw Legolas. "I—we are needed at the palace.." Your voice came out in a soft whisper as you rushed to pass him.

He grabbed your wrist and you turned to him, "(y/n).. I—let's stay." you blinked in surprise, "What?" you asked.

"You said one year is not enough, then let's stay here. I'm not giving up on this that easily." your heart pounded against your rib cage.

You pulled away wordlessly and headed straight to your room, leaning against the now closed door.

"What are you doing to me?" You whispered clutching the fabric on your chest.

~•~

Oh god 3.83k?! Ya'll what did I do to deserve you? I'm such a bad author for not updating *loud excessive sobbing*