||Epilogue||

Third person's Pov

Time passed

The morning air was cool as the sun had yet to rise from the horizon, (y/n) stood near the entrance of the gates, a letter clutched in her hands, her husband was supposed to be coming home and she couldn't be more patient about his arrival, she left the two children with their grandfather Thranduil, just so she could greet him first.

They'd lost contact for awhile while he was gone, but before that he wrote to her of how he missed and loved her and if he did not make it from the battle, to live on in his name. She called him an idiot in her response and told him to come home or she'll go to him herself.

She didn't know if he got her letter or not, and those night she spent crying in his absence and desperately hoping to Eru that he was safe was worth it in the end.

When a letter arrived addressed to her, she thought nothing of it at first, but as soon as she read the contents she spent days waiting for his return.

Everyday day she waited by the gates from sunrise till noon and then afternoon to dusk, he still hadn't arrive, but she waited in patience, sometimes the two little ones waited with her as well, bringing snacks so they could have a picnic under the shade of a tree.

This time was no different, (y/n) sat under the tree with a book in hand and began to read, a tale of someone from another world, they lived a very simple life but what (y/n) loved about it was the stories inside the story.

The sound of hooves approaching made her look up from her fantasy, and a figure jumped down, (y/n) stood up, dropping the book in surprise.

"You're here.. you're back! I—" She got cut off as he jogged over to where she was and threw his arms around her.

"Legolas I—" Now that he was actually here, everything she'd wanted to say slipped from her mind and into the void, never to return.

"I missed you. I wanted to get home to you as quickly as I could—there's so much I want to tell you." Legolas whispered in her ears.

She felt happy tears well up at the corner of her eyes and took a deep breath in, taking in his scent, she missed him.

"I missed you too, I was so worried and the children kept asking for you I had to lie and tell them you were at Lorién just in case." She pulled away from his embrace band kissed his lips, Legolas kissing back with the same desperation.

"You're here and that's what matters, I love you." "I love you more."

And so I closed the book, unsure of the emotions after finishing another story, maybe I'll come back and reread it, this love of ours is delicate after all.

Fin.