||Chapter 7||

(y/n)'s Pov

It was quiet, you and Legolas were now a few miles away from the castle, with the galloping of hooves accompanying the silence,

"(y/n)." he called.

You turned to him with a questioning glance, catching his smile, "Yes Legolas? Did you need anything?" You asked politely.

He just shook his head and turned back to the road in front of him, "Sing us a song will you? Make this trip a bit more lively."

His request caught you off guard, you turned to him and shook your head, "I can't, my voice is unpleasant to the ears." you pressed, hoping he would take your plead.

"I promise I wont laugh." he snickered, you could hear the mock in his voice as he teased you.

"No. Not a chance." You replied firmly, he laughed it off and slowed his pace, now riding beside you.

"You wound me (y/n)." he placed a hand on his heart and dramatically gasped in 'pain'

You let out a hearty laugh, "You are as flamboyant as your father mellon." He laughed with you, his eyes creasing and his smile showing his dimple.

You both reach a glade and stopped to rest your horses, you pulled out some lembas bread and handed Legolas a piece, which he took gratefully from you.

"We should reach the cabin by afternoon from what ada has told me. We'll have time to get settled in." He informed you, you nodded and leaned against the trunk of an oak tree.

The leaves rustled against the wind as the grass swayed gently, you let your eyes wander to the partly cloudy sky, then to Legolas.

He was feeding the horses with a smile on his face, and you couldn't help the smile that graced yours.

He looked so innocent and childlike, you deduced that he had a love for animals, much like yourself.

"Legolas, shall we move along? If we are to settle in early, I would still have time to make us both supper." He turned to you and nodded.

You both set out once again.

~•~

You had been riding for hours on end and in the distance you could see it!

The cabin was not too small, nor too big. Surrouded by tall trees, It had enough space around the parameter and a pond in front of it, it looked absolutely beautiful.

Flowers grew along side the path as you and Legolas walked the remaining distance, you let the horses inside the small stable and you looked around in wonder.

This was it. You were crossing into the field of unknown, you were leaving everything you knew and stepped into an adventure you weren't sure if you were ready for.

And yet here you are, walking up to the door with Legolas trailing behind you.

The limits and rules are not yet known, and you knew there is no going back, for now at least.

It was just you, and Legolas.

For a whole year.

With nothing but both your skills to try and survive the quest the council has given you both.

You pray to Valar that this was easier than it seemed.

~•~

Legolas' Pov

I followed after (y/n) as she carefully opened the door to the cabin, we only had around 4 hours of sunlight left.

(y/n) headed inside and we saw a small living room, complete with furniture and a fireplace.

And to the right we could see the kitchen, I let (y/n) get the biggest bedroom and I took the second biggest one.

Feeling content, we both headed outside and grabbed our pack, we both worked in silence and synchronized with each other.

After about an hour of getting used to the place, and (y/n) discovering——and falling inlove, with the small garden, we both were now in the kitchen.

(y/n) was making some soup and I was helping her.

"Legolas, I swear at this point we'll run out of dinner!" she laughed, catching me take another spoonful of soup from the pot.

"I'm helping you taste the food! Which taste delicious mind you." I complimented.

Dinner was finally served and after hours of travelling, the soup tasted so much better than lembas.

"What do you reckon we do tomorrow (y/n)?" I asked, finishing up my 3rd bowl, I was surprised I ate that much.

She picked up the bowls, including mine and walked over to the sink, "We could explore the place a little bit. Get used to the fact that this is already happening."

I stood up from the chair and gently pulled her away from the dishes, "Great idea, now why don't you go rest early while I clean up here."

She hesitated before nodding, "Fine, but——call me if you need anything okay?" she whispered softly.

I felt her kiss my cheek gently and blood rushed to my cheek.

"Fuin vaer. (Good night)" I heard her whisper, her soft footsteps fading till I was left in silence.

"Oltho vae ne fuin hen. (May you dream well tonight.)" I whispered in the silence, before turning back to the task at hand.

~•~

We finally finished Act 1: The departure of the heroes journey!! Vote and comment! Also this chapter is dedicated to urawesomesoami ^^