9

I held Zari up on my hip, fixing her shirt as we walked up the steps to Kiannas front door

I held Zari up on my hip, fixing her shirt as we walked up the steps to Kiannas front door. When I texted her, asking if she lived in the same place, I was surprised she texted back.

I'm sure she hated me after everything that went down with Onika and I won't say I blame her because I don't but I will say none of them really deserved what I'd put them through.

The only difference is Onika can not be hurt, without making sure everybody else felt that shit too. Well the old her, I don't even want to test her right now. She's grown that mother strength, plus that grown ass man strength she had before. It didn't match well for me.

Azari was smiling big, saying this was her bestfriends house and she was excited. I'm still not over the fact that Robert even allowed this.

I mean it get it, they're both your grandchildren but Onika could've been arrested for god knows how long, if Kianna reported her daughter being in Zari and her mommas house. But of course she wouldn't; she know what she did.

I rung the doorbell, letting Zari down and she screamed. "Auntie!!" I looked at her, raising my brow. No way she calls Kianna auntie.

The door opened and Ki stood there with her daughter standing next to her, arms wrapped around her mothers one leg.

My eyes widened at the little girl, it was so crazy to me how she slightly resembled Onika. I always forget they're related but how strong can her fathers genes be?

Kianna smiled, waving at Zari before opening the door wider. I was shocked to see Zari actually comfortable enough to run in her house, giggling while dragging Zoey with her.

"Hey Bey. It's crazy, you still look the same after all these years." She spoke, letting me in and I chuckled.

"Yeah, I never got pregnant so nothing really changed for me. Except for, you know.. having a kid."

"Yea... You came over here to talk about the kids huh?"

"Yeah. Onikas pissed, rightfully so. Why did you think this was okay?"

She huffed, sitting down at her table and I did the same. "It was my dad. He brought her over one time and never stopped. I figured she knew."

"Well she didn't. You have to make sure of things like that. Kianna you still have that restraining order against her."

She huffed, leaning more onto the table. "I knowww. I was going to drop it a while ago but the process is so long."

I looked at her weirdly. "I get that but if you don't feel like going through that process, you can't be around my daughter and you also can't have yours around her either. Onika can have you in jail right now."

"Alright Bey. I'm grown. I ain't gon beef with her my whole life."

"Ok so drop the charges?"

"I will. Our daughters are close, whether y'all like it or not."