20

Onika glared into the side of her mother's face but all eyes were on me

Onika glared into the side of her mother's face but all eyes were on me. My brow raised, "What's going on with y'all?" I asked.

Onikas hands folded against her chest, "See this is why we always getting into it. Why the hell did you just lift up my shirt?" Onika asked her mom and instantly I knew what was going on.

My mother looked at Onika with wide eyes, surprised at how she talked to her mom.

"Y'all saw her stomach?" I asked, leaning against the wall, still slightly out of breath. I bet I look crazy right now, the way them kids just handed me my ass out there.

Onika was staring at her mother, the same way her mother was staring at her. Nic pointed to her chest, "You're looking at me as if I'm the crazy one?"

"You must be?" She questioned with an accent so strong.

Onika rolled her eyes, "Momma I'm grown."

"Are you pregnant for Beyonce?"

Suddenly, the room was silent. I looked over at everybody else and realized how messy our families were, including my mother. I knew she couldn't wait to go home and tell my father and aunts about this.

"I am, but I am grown." She reminded her.

I stepped between them, seeing they were a bit close. "Ms. Carol I think we know what we're doing. We've gotten older."

My momma put her hand up with a raised brow, "Hold on, are yall back together?"

I was about to tell them we weren't but Onika spoke before me. "Almost. We're working on it. Momma T, I'm not the same girl. I don't and will not put my hands on Beyonce."

My mom waved her hand in the air, "Bey is grown and she could fight, I'm more worried about the fact that you look four months pregnant." She looked at me, "How did you hide it for so long?"

She was shocked, I almost always tell my mom everything. Awe, her heart is probably broken right now. "She is not four months pregnant. The baby is just growing fast." I chuckled.

"Y'all are too quiet." Carol looked at her daughter's two best friends. "You two knew and didn't tell me?"

"Ma, it wasn't my fault. You know Tiny my sister, she told me not to say anything." Moin said, sipping from her red cup.

"Oh please." Onika rolled her eyes, "I'm still upset you lifted my shirt like that."

"Well, I'm upset you never told me about this."

I went to my sisters, ignoring them going back and forth. They were giggling and taking tiny  sips from their cups. "Y'all are drinking at my kid's party?"

"Girl we came a little tipsy." Kelly waved me off.

"Plus, everybody in this room under 40 is drinking. Except for your baby momma." Solange said, winking at the last word. "Congrats by the way."