Part 6: Battle!

("First event of the Kyoto sister schools festival: Throbbing exorcism race!")

("A 2nd-class curse is released on a pre-deter-mined area within college grounds and the first team to exorcise it wins!")

("Various 3rd-class and lower curses are also released on this same area and if they match isn't decided by sunset, the team with most exorcism wins!")

("There are no rules other than that!")

"Of course this means that attacking the other team is allowed, but you guys are comrades in fighting against curses. The point of this festival is to know your companions and yourself. Please proceed as to not kill or incapacitate your opponents. The end. You're until noon."

~~~~

Meeting at the Tokyo School side.

"Um~ This is... Kind of harsh bullying from who's suppose to be my allies..." Itadori says holding a frame. "Shut up. Stay like that for a while." Nobara shuts him up. "Now, now. He explained his situation already, so just forgive him." Panda speaks to Nobara.

"Shake sushi shake sushi"

"Come again?" Itadori confused what the 2nd year had said. "Inumasa-senpai is a spellcaster. It's a kind of exorcism that amplifies the power of words and forces them on people. So he limits what he says." Megumi explained it to Itadori. "So if he tells someone go die they die?"

"It's not that convenient of a thing. It depends on the user. Strong words have a large recoil, and worst case they right back to the user. Limiting his vocabulary mostly protects himself."

"Huh. So, why can you talk senpai?"

"He's just explaining someone's else technique..."

"It's fine it's not something that affects Toge after all. That aside, give back my slaughter demon. Yuuji."

Itadori held a thumbs-up. "Gojo-sensei... has it...." "..." Y/n and Megumi looks at Itadori with a face that says really? "Tsk! That blindfolded bastard!"

"So what do we do about the battle formation? We got a new member. So should we change it? There's no time."

"Okaka."

"Well that depends on Yuuji. What can you do?" Panda questions him as he clings onto a wooden pillar. "Punching, kicking."

"We got enough of that..." Panda says to him a bit dumbfounded. "I dunno what this guy did while he was dead, ut if he were to fight everyone at the Kyoto and Tokyo schools -with no curse power... Then Itadori would win." Megumi says surprising the 2nd years.

"That's Itadori for yah!" Y/n says ruffling Itadori's hair. "Nice."

~~~~

Meeting at the Kyoto side.

"Kill Sukuna's host, Itadori Yuuji. That's not a person, so we can just scratch everything down to an accident. No need for holding back or hesitating."

"Isn't he around because he can't die?" Mai asks. "I heard his previous death was a suicide. What do you have to do to take precaution against other exorcists? Kamo."

"Yes. We have to kill them with curse power to avoid any post-death curses."

"Exactly. There's no problem if you kill them with proper curse power. Itadori Yuuji currently controls that body. He only has one life as long as Sukuna doesn't surface. Killing him should prove easy."

Toudou kicks down a door. "This is pointless. Do as you will." Toudou says getting ready to get out. "Come back, Toudou. The director's still talking."

"Takada-chan is a guest at the walking show at 11. Do I really need to explain myself?" Toudou asks him. "Just record that. Sit back."

"I'm watching it real time and recording it. You messing with me? Listen you bastards you too, old man. I've been long disappointed by you folks with no taste in woman you can go scheming all you want but the next time you try to order me around I'll kill you." He says leaving them.

"What do we do? He's not gonna listen to us."

"It's fine. That guy will just fight the Tokyo group either way. But we can focus on the game while he's going berserk."

"But we gotta kill Itadori Yuuji, right? Toudou doesn't fight to kill." Mai says to them stating the obvious. "Then we need to observe Toudou and finish Itadori ourselves, right."

"The curses are also around so it can be a 2 on 1 right."

"No... It's a serious problem that a half-baked guy like Itadori gets to be in this match to begin with. I can't let this go by idly as a member of the Kamo clan. We're gonna attack Itadori Yuuji all at once."

"Wait. What if Inumaki-kun is together with him? It's risky to get everyone together against a spellcaster worst case, he could incapacitate all of us."

"That's true..."

"Nah, it's not that big of a deal if you know it's coming."

"Leave Maki to me. If possible that brown haired first year too." Mai says. "What a Toudou-level remark." Kamo says leaving Mai irritated.

~~~~

"Itadori. Are you alright?" Megumi asks him. "Yeah. I think I got a big role, but it should be fine." Itadori brushes it off whilst he is saying it. "Not that. Something happened right?"

"Ah? No way nothing." Megumi looks at him straight in the eye. "... Something did. But I mean it when I say I'm fine. Rather because of that I'm feeling like I really don't wanna lose to anybody."

"...Then it's fine." Megumi says walking past him. "I kinda don't wanna lose either."

"The hell you mean kinda? You wanna die? We're going for a total victory! For Maki-san's sake!" Nobara yelled at Megumi. "Hell yeah! We're going all out for victory! Mwuahah!" Y/n says walking with the rest of the students in Tokyo.

"...Please stop that." Maki says. "Mentaiko!"

"Yes! For Maki-san's sake!"

"Heh heh, so with that said. Let's win."

"What are you taking front for?" Maki says kicking Itadori. "Pfft- Hahaha!" Y/n laughs.