Part 31: Passion

"Y/n... You could get a monthly income of one million yen by working for one hour a day....!! Would you believe me if I told you that?" Hakari asks Y/n." Hmm...? Suppose it depends on what the work is for me." Y/n says a bit skeptical. "But in order to know what that work is... You'll have to purchase this information for 200,000 yen." Hakari informs. "Eh... That sounds kinda dishonest." Y/n tells Hakari he wouldn't agree to something like that. "Yes! Precisely as you intuited, this is a very typical scamming method. The scammer pretends to be wealthy. They then sell information on how to get rich, thus making money. It's easy enough to see through it if you use your head but there are tons of idiots that get fooled. Why? It's all because of Passion"

"Passion?" Y/n repeats. "Both the scammer and the scammed... Have passion I'm going to change my life. People get carried away with their passion and they end up making rash decisions.. But without passion people can't even fall in love. I adore people's passion. A more direct exchange of Passion. Y'know what that is?" Hakari asks Y/n. "Gambling yes?" Y/n answers. "Kuku, you hit the nail on the head!! Life is a gamble. There's a mountain of women that dumped me because they despised gambling. But they got it all wrong. The ones who can't bet big and the ones who don't know when to call it quits. They're the ones that get cast aside from our society. There's not a person on earth who doesn't gamble. What they hate isn't gambling, it's loss and ruin."

"Aren't there people that just want peaceful lives...?" Y/n says. "I don't know anyone like that. I love Passion. Passion is gambling and gambling is life. And love is control. With my fight club, I eventually want to control this country's passion. Now is the perfect chance for me to expand my business since the existence of cursed spirits have now been publicized and jujutsu headquarters is barely functional. I'll crush all obstacles and force them to publicly accept my fight club in the upcoming revisions to jujutsu regulations. In any case, I need capable pawns. Y/n. Why don't you try getting carried away by my passion?" Hakari asks Y/n if he wants to get high on the passion with him.

"Croupier, I want to consult..." Y/n prepares to bring up Jujutsu High and ask for help but they're interrupted by a phone call. "Y/n, fancy something to drink?" He offers Y/n a drink although he's underaged. "Ah alright I'll something to drink for now... But no alcohol." Y/n says. "What? You can't handle your liquor?" Hakari asks him. "It's not about that, I'm underaged." Y/n explains. "You don't look like the type to care about that. Did you know? Gojo Satoru also can't handle liquor." Hakari suddenly brings him up. "For real? I thought he'd be able to do so." Y/n says drinking his glass.

"I hate that guy, Satoru. I've meet him, he's quite annoying to me. I understand that he's the strongest sorcerer or whatever but he's a bit too much for me." Y/n says obviously lying. Hakari finishes his drink. "Hey... Are you... From Jujutsu High?" Hakari asks Y/n. "Listen! I'm-" Before Y/n can speak up to defend his case, Hakari tosses the drink glass right at his face. Y/n deflects the cup easily, but Hakari activates his cursed technique, summoning two tall sliding doors that attempt to close with Y/n between them. Y/n jumps above the horizontal doors and tries to speak up but Hakari continues to attack. "A call from Kirara's number..." Hakari reveals a call from Kirara means that something is amiss. 

"Is a signal for an emergency." Hakari kicks Y/n's face. Y/n recalls what Megumi said about only asking for cooperation and headbutts Hakari. "Listen...!!"  The third-year doesn't give up any ground. "Don't wanna. I've already cooled off...!!"

 Meanwhile, while Kirara is at a deadlock with Panda, and the three first years due to their technique. "Kirara!! RIght now. We aren't on jujutsu high's side!! You know what's happening to Tokyo right now, right?! The barriers that have formed in various places aren't unrelate either. There's been an unprecedented case of Jujutsu terrorism!! We need Hakari's help!!" Megumi explains. "You guys are the ones that left us out in the first place. Serves you right." Kirara says. "He said we aren't on Jujutsu high's side!" Nobara tells her. "What happened between you two and the higher ups?" Megumi asks her. "They have thoughts like Jujutsu should be this certain way. For example Kugisaki's cursed technique is a model jujutsu that the conservatives would like."

"For real?!" Itadori says looking at Panda. "As times change, jujutsu can also become involved with new tech like the cursed videos that were popular back in the day. And the conservatives get really annoying when it comes to cursed techniques. Kin-chan's cursed technique is a prime example of what they hate." Panda explains further on. "That's why the dumb higher-ups lose. But, you guys... Have Gojo Satoru to wipe your asses. I don't understand why you're trying to rely on us. Surely it's natural for me to think you're lying about wanting help and you're really after something else?" Kirara says.

"Gojo sensei was sealed. That is why we lost!" Nobara says to Kirara angerly that she doesn't believe them. Megumi decides to activate Rabbit escape, summoning dozens of his rabbit shikigami. Megumi and Panda know Kirara is the closest person to Hakari unbeknownst to the other two first years. He notices that each of the rabbits are marked with a symbol saying "★Acrux". None of the rabbits can get near the monitor room, where Megumi notices the symbol "★Gacrux" has been placed on the door. The mass of rabbit shikigami spread all across the roof so Megumi can see where they can and can't approach. Kirara repels them and wonders what's the point of conjuring up so many rabbits. Kirara's innate cursed technique marks cursed energy, registering shikigami the same as sorcerers Kirara believes that Megumi will attract all the rabbits and suffocate, but he suddenly dispels them all.

"Panda-senpai!! What do you think of my rabbit escape!?" Megumi asks him. "It was sooo cute! Second only to me!!" Nobara looks at Panda. "Nuh uh, I'm the cutest." Nobara explains proudly to him. "I'm asking you about what they could and couldn't get closer to!!" Megumi says angerly. "They were able to approach me, and the second floor!! But they couldn't get to kirara, and the door of the monitoring room!!" 

"Is there a ★mark and a name somewhere on your bodies?!" Megumi shouts to them. "Eh...? Ah!? I... M... A... I." Panda has been marked with the symbol ★Imai and Megumi has been marked with ★Acrux. "Imai?! It says Imai!!" Panda says to Megumi. "I've got it!! This cursed technique is based on a constellation!! The motif of the constellation is... The southern cross." Itadori and Nobara having enough of it, lunges at Kirara having not been marked by her. "I'm sick of just listening to them blabber let's fight!" Nobara says hammering two nails at her. Itadori goes to punch Kirara but she marks Itadori with the ★Imai attracting him to Panda.

Kirara then deals with Nobara with hand to hand, Nobara gets marked with the same star as Megumi getting attracted to him. "Oof!" Megumi and Nobara get attracted to each other. "Just follow my direction Kugisaki!" Megumi says trying to run with Nobara being attracted to him. "I'm trying!!" Megumi sees the 5th ★.  The two of them go infront of it, Kirara marks more objects that has the same stars as the two. "Dammit!"