Part 30: Infiltration

~~~~

Megumi, Itadori and Nobara teams up with Panda to infiltrate the fight club from outside. Panda leaves the parking garage and meets up with the three in the nearby forest. "Oh there you guys are." Panda says. "Panda-senpai!" Itadori says happy to see him. "You're saying now Y/n can get close to Hakari?" Panda asks. "Why? Have you been unable to meet him?" Nobara tells. "Well I do know where he is. He's always in the monitoring room on the roof. But I can't get close to him."

"Can't get close?" Itadori repeats confused. "After I get to the roof and try to approach the room's door, the distance between myself and the door refuses to change. No matter if I walk or run, it just doesn't work. It feels similar to Satoru's cursed technique. It's probably due to Kirara's cursed technique, but I don't know." Panda explains. "Kirara...? Who's that?" Nobara asks curiously. "The other 3rd year is a man right?" Megumi says. "Yes a man." Panda confirms. "Does that phenomenon only occur when Kirara is in the room?" Megumi continues to question Panda.

"I don't know. Hakari and Kirara are always together." Panda says. "If I pursued him too much, he may run away from me for good. That's why I devoted myself to becoming crowd puller. I'm so happy the four of you came to help." Panda says relieved. "I'm not sure. Do you think Y/n can persuade Hakari?" Itadori asks. "It'll be hard. The issue is his willingness to join, not Y/n's persuasion skills. But I also believe it's up to time." Panda tells. "I believe Y/n's innate cheerfulness and smooth talking personality matches rather well with Hakari. But isn't he a rather bad liar?" Panda asks them.

"I agree that Y/n is good at smooth talking for sure, but I wouldn't say he's bad at lying. The idea just doesn't occur to him much." Nobara says. "But the worst scenario would be if they find out he's a jujutsu high member. And he's thrown out of the monitoring room without getting a chance to talk. Or Hakari's underling choose to intervene." Megumi suggests. "So once Y/n gets into the room. I think I should infiltrate the parking lot and swiftly yet stealthily gain control of it. Then I'll block the door to buy them time to talk." Panda says. "We'll come along with you Panda senpai!" Itadori and Nobara tells. "But that..."

"Don't worry, we'll not kill them. We'll just knock them out. Plus these two are safe with me." Panda reassures him. "There are security cameras. If they're negotiating in the monitoring room, there's no way we'll go unnoticed." Megumi says. "U know the locations and the blind spots of all the cameras. Anyhow, it's not a big deal even if they somewhat see us. Hakari and Kirara are the only decent sorcerers." Panda explains. "How many guards are there?" Megumi asks. "4 at the entrance and 2 on each floor excluding the roof." Panda tells Megumi. "This could work." Megumi acknowledges. 

"Our biggest concern is Kirara's cursed technique. It can't be helped. If Kirara can use something like a warping to move Y/n out or put their comrades inside, let's give up on trying to persuade Hakari." Megumi says.

After winning another match in the fight club tournament, Y/n sends Megumi a text at 12:58 P.M. saying he's meeting with Hakari at 1:00 o'clock. Megumi deletes the message from his phone. Each of the five lookouts maintain their positions. "So Star-chan is still a first year high school student. How young." Kirara says. "Hakari-chan repeated middle school you know." Kirara tells Y/n. "Hey you look happy." He points out. "Fufu I guess so. It has been a long time since Kin-chan got fired up. I really love... The fired up Kin-chan." Kirara explains. 

Megumi sneaks into the first guard's shadow and mounts him from behind, sinking in a rear-naked choke. He chokes the man unconscious, tapes his mouth and zip ties his hands together. The second guard walks by without noticing and Megumi manages to take them both out while remaining in the camera's blind spot. Two guards notice Panda from the tournament, Panda distracts the two of them by being cute. Nobara feeling irritated somehow by this sudden of cuteness was hiding behind a wall with Itadori just close to Panda. "...You think it'll eat my fish sausages? That thing participated in the tournament you know." 

Nobara and Itadori takes advantage of the two security guards were having knocks both of them out Panda takes the fish sausage, the two follows Panda from behind before heading up the emergency stairs where there are no cameras. "Yo!" Panda, Itadori and Nobara regroups with Megumi on the roof. "Panda senpai, Itadori, Kugisaki. Is this really all right? If Hakari gets mad at us later for this..." Megumi says concered. "It's ifne. It's fine. Let's hurry up and block the way to the room." They move to guard the monitor room door but Kirara suddenly walks out to the lower level of  the room ust a few feet below them. Panda and the three first year are all surprised Kirara isn't with Hakari. "Panda chan?!" Kirara shouts, she quickly notices the group and recognizes Megumi from the camera feed. Kirara believes Hakari is in dnager and reaches for her phone to call him. But Megumi acts quickly and summons Divine dog: Totality to try and top them.

Divine dog moves to restrain Kirara but it's sent flying back into Megumi. "Fushiguro?!" Kirara drops their phone while Megumi realizes that their cursed technique stopped divine dog from getting close. . Kirara runs toward the monitor room. "Wait Kirara! We're not your enemies! We have a request to make Hakari!" Panda tries to explain, following after her with Nobara. "No way I'm going to believe you!! I'm disappointed in you, Panda-chan." KIrara doesn't believe Panda and is upset with him for seemingly betraying them. "JUST BELIEVE HIM YOU IDIOT!!" Nobara shouts to her.

"Ah you're making it so that I can't get closer to you either." Panda says shocked. "Divine dog!!" Megumi's divine dog and Itadori stop Kirara from in front of her. "Fushiguro?!" This stops Kirara from approaching Divine Dog but Megumi is suddenly pulled to his shikigami. While he wonders how this cursed technique functions, neither he nor Panda have noticed a symbol on the bear's back that reads "★Imai".

Meanwhile, inside the monitor room. "Y/n... You could get a monthly income of one million yen by working for one hour a day. Would you believe me if I told you that?" Hakari says. "...Hm?" Unsure of what to say Y/n just looks on confuse.