Part 35: Ripen

~~~~

The 16th, Noon.

"It'd be fine if the preparation was the only thing completed. But according to that guy claiming to be Itadori's big brother. Kenjaku has captured Tengen-sama..." Maki says delivering the bad news to Y/n, Nobara, and Yuan. "Tsukomo-san is at the same level as Yuta. She joined forces with the death painting and Tengen-sama but still lost. We already knew it, but this serves as further confirmation that we can't defeat Kenjaku through conventional means.. The only good thing to come out of this is that the back of the prison realm is still safe."

"Why hasn't the merger started then?" Nobara asks. "Mhm well I suspect sorcerers can reject the merger with cursed energy. Things look fine inside the colonies but outside them the merger has already begun." Yuan tells her. "You've quite the intellect Yuan. And to think you only got into this mess because of Y/n." Nobara snickers. "No, the news is reporting that some more vulnerable people have fallen ill, but overall, Japan is functioning as usual." Maki says. "We don't know why. Maybe the merger can't be started yet, or maybe he just doesn't want to do it yet." Says Y/n.

"This isn't something we can figure out on our own. Let's focus on Tsumiki nee-chan first.  Why haven't our senpai added rules yet? We already decided what rules to add, didn't we?" Nobara questions. "About that... Let's start with 1. If a culling game participants point don't change within 19 days, they will undergo cursed technique removal. This removal involves some kind of brain alteration, so basically death. The goal is to force players to kill each other." Y/n says. "We want to change point counts without killing each other, so we need a rule to allow transferring of points. Itadori already added this one."

"Right. Who's Itadori?" Yuan asks looking at them. "He's our dumb classmate that's for sure." Yuan nods understanding. "The problem is 2, and 3. The rules dealing with people and electrical signals entering and existing colonies." Maki says. "Right now, players can't freely enter or exit a colony." Nobara says. "Well I can." Yuan explains. "Okay why the heck is that possible?" Maki asks. "Well it's like I can make weapons or cursed tools that have cursed techniques. So I can basically make a weapon, I already have, to nullify or disable people's cursed technique."

"Does it work on the barriers?" Maki asks. "Well erm... It's a bit more complicated then that. I don't really know to be honest." Yuan confirms. "Of course it couldn't be that easy, huh. Anyways, regarding 2 and 3, the culling game's rules never explicitly forbade players or electrical signals from going in or out."

"Hmm... The rules... The rules... Hey you're right Maki-san!!" Nobara confirms scrolling down her Kogane. "In other words, it's like that random transfer. It's not a general rule of the culling game but a rule of the barrier themselves." She says. "So even if we add a rule to allow entry and exit from the colonies. We might still get repelled by the barrier because of the barriers' rules." Yuan tells them. "Is that why our senpai haven't added any rules yet?" Nobara questions. "As for outside communication, we think using me as messengers is enough for now." Yuan says.

"So, our first priority is 4. Let's start with allowing players to withrdaw from the culling game!! Yuta and the others already transferred the points to you right?" Maki says, Y/n nodding in confirmation. "Kogane, add a rule. Players may withdraw from the culling game." Y/n orders. "Rejected. This rule conflicts with rule 7." Kogane says to him. "A player may withdraw from the culling game by inviting a new player from outside the colony as substitute. How about that hmm?" Y/n tries. "...Rejected."

"!!"

"Then how do we withdraw from the culling game?!" Nobara says irritated. "...This is a proposal regarding the addition of a rule to the culling game. A player may withdraw from the culling game by inviting a new player from outside the colony as a substitute and spending 100 points. This is acceptable." Kogane explains. "Wait!! If it's just a substitution then there will be no change in the number of players. But with that change to the rules at least 20 players will have to die for those 100 points. Clearly, that suggestion is even more incompatible with the long lasting effect of the culling game in rule 7."