Part 37: Death is nearing

Gojo's neck is sliced, but he quickly uses reversed cursed technique to heal himself. "Yes but Sukuna's slashes won't stop inside his domain!" Hiromi states. "Since Sukuna doesn't close his barrier... Wouldn't running away be easy?" Choso says. "If Malevolent shrine's maximum effective rea is about the size of Shibuya... Then should be fast enough to get away!!" Hakari tells his opinion. "No his, instantaneous movement uses Limitless cursed technique compress space and coordinates. Gojo's domain was just destroyed, so he can't use his cursed technique for a while." Kusakabe answers.

"But that means..." Miwa says. "..."

"Yeah, Gojo's in trouble." We go back to the showdown, Sukuna stands proud on top of his Malevolent Shrine he slashes Gojo repeatedly with his domain. Gojo stares on tanking all of them. The two of them dashes from their positions and face again! "You think I'd let you go?" Sukuna states as he follows Gojo he tries to kick him, but Gojo holds onto his leg before he could hit him. Sukuna then grabs both of Gojo's legs and hold him into place. Gojo reinforces his hand with cursed energy and tries to punch Sukuna, but he dodges it . Sukuna quickly gets up and makes some distance between them.

"What if... That shrine was trashed?" Itadori asks looking onto one of the screens. "Ordinarily, concrete manifestations of innate domains dont have special meaning or function. In other words they might as well not exist." Kusakabe answers Itadori's question. "If the shrine is merely a symbol of the domain... Then it can't be broken. There's no point to trying. If Gojo with his six eyes hasn't attempted to do so, then that must be the case." Mei Mei backs up the theory. "Oh no! Is there nothing he can do?!" Kirara says in freight.

"New shadow style simple domain."

Gojo erects a small barrier around him to protect them from the effects of Malevolent Shrine. "Simple domain!" Kusakabe shouts in surprise. "Didn't Gojo sensei say he can't do that!?" Y/n says in shock. "No, he said he can't teach it. Natural geniuses can't teach for squat."

"THEN DON'T MAKE A GUY LIKE THAT A TEACHER FOR FIRST YEARS!" Nobara tells them. "Simple domain will negate the guaranteed hit.. While he heals himself with reverse cursed technique. How can he do reverse cursed technique and normal cursed energy control at the same time?"

"But compared to a real domain the cursed energy output for simple domain will merely buy time." Choso admits. Sukuna runs up to Gojo and attempts to punch him, but Gojo dodges it and smirks. Sukuna slashes Gojo's body. "See?" Choso points out. "How tedious." Sukuna says. Everybody is shocked seeing what is happening. "What the--? Gojo stopped healing with reverse cursed technique!" Kusakabe says astonished. "Does that mean-"

"No, he wouldn't run out of cursed energy." Yuta tells. "Under ordinary circumstances he wouldn't! But he continued running reverse cursed technique full blast immediately after opening his domain. He's expended twice the usual amount of cursed energy! All while the powerful Sukuna has been attacking nonstop!!" Ino speaks. The simple domain around Gojo shatters as Gojo gets hit with the sure hit attacks again. Gojo latches onto Sukuna his legs wrapping around the waist of his opponent surprising Sukuna with his speed just now. Gojo points his finger at him. 

"Is that possible!?" Yuta shouts sweat dripping down his face. "Maybe he couldn't heal his body because... He was using reverse cursed technique... To heal his burned out cursed technique!" Yuta says in shock. "Red." Gojo shoots Red at the shrine striking the Malevolent shrine along with Sukuna who smiles. "Phew! This wasn't easy." Gojo says as he heals himself with reverse cursed energy.

"Did he use reverse cursed technique... To heal his burnt-out cursed technique?" Yuan questions looking onto the fight with curiosity. "Okkotsu!" Kusakabe calls out to him. "I can't say it's impossible. After all he just did it! Burning out a cursed technique with a domain is completely different from taking physical damage. If a machine isn't broken but overheats, it won't function properly, so you have to wait for it to cool down." Yuta explains. "So reverse cursed technique can fix something but it can't cool it down?" Maki asks. "That's what I thought but maybe I was wrong." Yuta thinks, Y/n looks at his senior's worried face. And thinks if Yuta really can take on Sukuna or not.