Part 11: The origin of obedience, act 2

NO ONE POV:

The four students sit still on the railings of the bridge. Itadori yawning, it seems that they stayed awake all night long waiting for the Jurei.

"Um... Where exactly is this curse supposed to be?" Nobara asks. "We couldn't even feel a trace of the curse." Megumi says, Y/n even slept on Nobara's shoulder waiting for the curse to appear. "For real? So you gonna start over?" Nitta questions.

"We can't waste too much time." Itadori tells, all 5 of them in front of a convenient store. "Why?" Nitta asks. "This is a famous paranormal spot, right? There may be a lot of others out there who are cursed. And we're looking at a 100 percent death rate. We can't afford to let more people die." Itadori tells her.

"True." Nobara says drinking a juice box. Y/n eating his onigiri as his breakfast. "! They were into bungee jumping right? Maybe it has something to do with the act of jumping down?" Nitta suggests.

"We already tested that theory with Itadori." The students says, previously Itadori held a plastic cord and jumps down. "WHAT?! YOU MEAN WITH THAT PLASTIC CORD?!" Nitta says shocked.

"Hey! There you are! Fushiguro-san!" One of the idiots says from before calls out to them. "Who's that again?" Nobara asks looking at Itadori and Y/n. "Fushiguro's junior."

"Or it's Idiot A." Y/n tells her. "Glad I found ya! Weren't you talking about Yasohachi bridge?!" Megumi's junior says on a bike with another person. "Fujinuma?" Megumi says perked up.

"?" The three first years confused. "She. Classmate." Megumi says with the lack of sentence. "This is my older sister." Megumi's junior says introducing them to her.

"I'm glad you still remember me..." Fujinuma says. "I was telling my sis about how I saw you yesterday." The junior explains. "Um... I saw that the Morishita family had a funeral ceremony."

"My brother was telling me about how you guys are investigating Morishita and the bridge. I thought maybe it was more than a coincidence." She tells. "No curse talk, got it?" Nitta says placing a finger in front of her mouth.

"What do you mean?" Megumi says confused. "I mean that there's a connection with Morishita's death and the bridge." She tells. "It's irrelevant. It's just--"

"I... During my second year of junior high... I went to Yasohachi bridge at night!" Fujinuma says. "Anything weird going on at home these days? Maybe something only you find odd?" Nitta questions her.

"! Our home is also an antenna shop. For whatever reason-- and this only happens to me when I come home-- the automatic door is wide open. My mom and dad says it's nothing, but... There's definitely... Something there!"

"I've been so scared, and then I heard about Fushiguro-kun. And I remembered about the bridge." She explains. "When did you start noticing the door?" Nitta questions again. "A week ago. It happens about every other day."

The three guys thought the same thing. All four of the victims died at least two weeks after reporting the strange events. So they still have a little time left.

"It's not like you went to Yasohachi bridge alone that night, did you? Do you remember who was with you?" Nobara asks. "So... Does that mean there's a connection?" Nitta says.

"Just the door! But it's not related to Morishita's death! I just got Fushiguro and the others here to help me do some research for a college report! The title's electronic waves emitted from paranormal spots and their effect on electronic equipment! It's super boring!" Nitta explains brushing off her worries.

"But I wanna talk to as many people as possible... So can you tell me who you went with?" Nitta says lying. "... I went with two upperclassmen from my club." Fujinuma says. "Oh yeah, Fushiguro-kun... Tsumiki-san... Was with me!" 

The news was utterly shocking to Megumi. "Okay. I guess I'll ask her about it." Megumi says going back to his blankly face, the junior and his sister leaving.

"Fushiguro!" Itadori calls out to him. Itadori seeing his face, Megumi didn't respond. "Fushiguro! Snap out of it! First we gotta check if she's okay, right?!" Itadori says shaking him.

"I'm fine... Sorry, I'll be right back." Megumi explains. 

(Jujutsu high)

"Understood. We'll have a bodyguard with Tsumiki-san. However, we only have grade-2 jujutsu sorcerers available at the moment." Ijichi san states to Megumi over the phone. "Grade 2..."

"If we have more cursed victims than estimated... We may have to reevaluate what rank we classify the curse." Ijichi says to Megumi. "It's likely that the mission was given with Itadori's recent growth in mind. If it seems to be getting even more dangerous even grade 2 may not be enough."

"All of us, myself included, recommed that you retreat." Ijichi tells the obvious to Megumi. 

"Why were you talking to Ijichi-san? Is your sis okay?" Itadori asks Megumi. "She's fine. Anyway the mission is more dangerous now. It's being given to other sorceres. You guys go home?"

"?" The three look at Megumi confused. Megumi pushes them in the car. "You guys? What about you Fushiguro?"

"I'll be right behind you after I see Takeda-san. Now go!" Megumi says, Itadori looking outside the window and looks at Megumi.

~~~~

The three first years follow Megumi from behind who didn't even notice them from his train of thought. "You never tell us anything about yourself." Nobara says. "That's right."

"True true!" Y/n tells too. "You're so deep in thought you, didn't even notice us."

"We're not saying you gotta tell us everything." Itadori says. "You can trust us! We're friends!"

"Tsumiki is still asleep. This Yasohachi bridge curse will only appear in front of the cursed victims. Without any information, we don't know when she'll be killed. That's why I... want to exorcise it now! But it's true that the mission is more danger-"

"You shoulda told us from the start." Y/n nods. "Yeah, yeah."  Megumi smiles, the four of them cross a river and barriers. The action of doing so... Has a significant meaning in Jujutsu.

Now the curse appears . "There it is!" Itadori says. "This could be fun!" Nobara states. "Hell yeah!"  Suddenly from behind something appears. "Guh?" Surprising the four. The four look back seeing it.

"What's this? Somebody's already here?" The thig says. "Fushiguro this is something else, right?" Y/n asks. "Yeah..."

"You guys focus on that one. This one's mine!"

"No fair..." Y/n says huffing. "Whaaaat? You gonna play with meeee?"