12.

Slimmm

"Hair done, toes done, eyebrows done, lashes bout to be done

"Hair done, toes done, eyebrows done, lashes bout to be done.. it's a good day to be Kiamantè." Slim smiled as she laid across her bed.

"What you doing today?" Cash asked on the phone.

The two had been on FaceTime all morning.

Slim looked at the phone, and watched as he drove. "I'm off today but I just have a lash appointment at 11, then I'll probably go see my mom since she live by my lash tech. What about you?"

"I gotta go to the bank to cash this check.. then imma just chill." 

"Why you don't get yo nails done?" He asked.

Slim shook her head, "My work don't really allow it, sometimes I sneak and get short nails but it do be making it a lil harder to work."

"Awl okay..you like my lil vampire,"

Slim eyed the phone, "Nigga what?"

She watched as he laughed before stopping at a red light. "Cause you be drawing folks blood."

"Aww you're one of those corny niggas." She smiled.

"I wanna see you today, what you tryna do?" He asked, ignoring her.

"Did you ask if I wanted to see you?"

"Ion care, I wanna see you." He looked down at the screen to see Slim smiling.

"Let's just get something to eat." She said.

"That's all yo ass like to do, let's do sum fun then we could get food." He told her.

"Food is fun." She rolled her eyes, "But something fun like what?"

"Let's go to the science center." He suggested.

Slim's face lit up a little, the science center he was suggesting was somewhere she'd been dozens of times. There, any age group could participate in the different experiments they had at the center.

And Slim really loved science.

"Ouu okay, so I'll drive to my lash tech.. then you can get me from my mom. Okay?" Slim said, her voice laced with excitement.

"Okay ma." He chuckled. "Lemme get off the phone, I just pulled up to the bank.."

"Okay, see you later." She smiled as he turned the car off.

"Yea mama, share yo lo' and be safe." He said.

"Niggas know what it is." She replied in a deepened voice.

Cash just chuckled before hanging up.

Slim slightly frowned, she usually preferred to hang up. She didn't like to hear the FaceTime hang up tone.

_______________________

"Mommmyy!" Slim yelled as she came into the house.