20.

"Nigga watch out," Cash mugged Yamir as he pushed him out the way

"Nigga watch out," Cash mugged Yamir as he pushed him out the way. "Where my nephew at?"

"He in the kitchen wit his mama, don't be coming in here pushing me."

Cash ignored him as he went into Yamir's kitchen.

"Wassup sis?" Cash smiled seeing Yamir's on and off girlfriend/ baby mama, Jada.

"Heyyy, Siah you see your godfather? Say hi!"

Their 2 year old son, Messiah, shyly waved before reaching out for Cash.

"Wassup boy?" Cash held his hand out for a high five.

Yamir came into the kitchen, "What you here for?"

"Don't act like you wasn't texting me all week to see when imma come see yo new house." Cash said side eyeing him.

Yamir rolled his eyes, "Lemme give this tour so you can go."

"Y'all work my nerves," Jada said as she took Messiah back from Cash.

Cash chuckled before he followed behind Yamir as he showed him around the whole entire house.

Yamir had just bought a 4 bedroom home for him, Jada, and Messiah. The two had been putting in work to become a stable family. Once he showed Jada how committed he was, his next step was moving them out of their old neighborhood.

The love was always there, but now Yamir was really stepping up to prove himself to Jada. Although he never cheated, he also never invested himself fully into the relationship to give Jada everything she needed/deserved.

"Ight so this gon be my lil game room and office for me to study," Yamir excitedly said.

"This shit look a mess." Cash lied as he looked around.

The office space was actually decorated very nicely, you could tell Yamir really put hard work into setting it up.

Yamir chuckled before holding up a picture frame that was sitting on his desk, "Look."

Cash squinted his eyes, to see a picture of a 17 year old Cash and a 16 year old Yamir.

"Mane.. that's when we started having hella motion."

"Young niggas was 13 hopping off the porch," Yamir chuckled.

Cash glanced around the office again, "Nah but I'm really prouda you, Mir."

"I know you is.. you been tryna get me to get my shit together. I should've stayed in college like I planned to.."

Yamir had a full ride scholarship at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. He went for 2 years, until his grandma got sick and died as he was entering his junior year.

Since his grandma took care of him and his twin sisters, he had to step in and take custody of them.

This left his dream of graduating college and becoming an architect behind.