25.

Codeine Crazy blasted through a lounge as Slim and Nyla enjoyed happy hour with Yamir's girlfriend, Jada

"You guys are so cool, I don't really have friends since I had my baby," Jada said.

"Aww girl, you real cool too," Slim smiled.

Nyla nodded in agreement with a smile, she was too drunk to really process.

"Now explain what's going on with you and my brother?" She said, referring to Cash.

Nyla tuned in as she waited for Slim's response.

"I just needed a break.. long story short he wants a family, I physically cannot give him that. I know that eventually he'll want to leave me."

Jada nodded as she understood Slim's perspective. "I understand that, but Slim why haven't you called him? It's better to communicate with him instead of just making these decisions for him."

Nyla giggled as she downed the rest of her lemon drop, "Communication key!"

Slim liked that Jada was a few years older, she gave good advice and got them good drinks. Especially since the bar tender was cool.

But per their conversation, Slim decided that maybe she should give Cash a call.

It had been a few days, and sadly he'd given her the space she asked for. She at least expected one call from him, but he was respecting her wishes and waiting.

So she had to pick up the phone.

"Wassup ladies?" A deep voice sounded.

Slim looked to see a tattooed arm leaning against the bar counter next to her. She looked over to see Jada tending to Nyla.

"Hey.." she answered stiffly.

"Next rounds of drinks on me," he smirked.

"Thanks."

The two fell silent as her friends also sat in silence. It was a little awkward and the man didn't seem to pick up on that.

"You real beautiful, what's your name?" The man asked Slim.

"Hmm.. tell me yours first."

"Giovanni."

"Well Giovanni, I do have a boyfriend."

He chuckled, "Don't let him stop you from finding a husband."

YUCK

Slim just nodded before turning to Jada, "You ready to order more drinks?"

Jada laughed, "Mhm.. that lil strawberry drink you had looked good."

"Ouu it was the vodka spritzer," Slim told her.

"Yea imma get that."

Slim smiled then looked back at Giovanni, "We want a vodka spritzer, a lemon drop, and a bottle of water."