29.

Thoughts on last chapter?

The next day
Slim

"Thank you for letting me stay," Slim said as she rolled her suitcases in Nyla's guest room

"No problem girly, I'm so excited because this my first time using the guest room!"

Slim smiled, her friend did have the room nicely decorated and ready for her to stay.

Since Slim was staying with Cash as her apartment was undergoing repairs, she decided to leave. After discovering he wasn't home once she got back from the airport, she quickly packed her things to leave. She was trying to give him space since he "didn't know" what he wanted.

"You going to Yamir birthday dinner?" Nyla asked as she typed on her phone.

"Of course, it's at Bentley's right?"

Nyla glanced at her phone before looking up, "Yea, what you wearing?"

"Ouu ion know yet. What you wearing?" Slim asked.

"I don't know, luckily ion have to worry about outshining nobody because they put that shit on regardless."

Slim laughed as she thought back to last year when Dior got mad at both of them for "out-dressing her on her own birthday." The two both just wore simple dresses to the upscale restaurant yet Dior decided on jeans.

"Bro, you been seeing anything about Dior?" Slim wondered aloud.

Nyla shook her head, "I seen she deactivated her Instagram.. and I haven't been hearing about her."

"Hmm," Slim sounded.

Although they'd fallen out, Slim still felt slight worry and concern.

"Oh girl! I know what you can wear!" Nyla exclaimed, causing Slim to perk up. "Do you have that denim dress with you?"

"Yea, you think that would work?"

"Yesss, that dress look so good on you. Remember the gold heels you bought to go with it? It's time to buss that fit out."

Slim nodded as she visualized the outfit in her head.

"Okay, yea that'll be cute. Imma probably pair it with some gold bangles I have."

The two girls spoke some more until Nyla left to go see Red and give Slim space to unpack.

A Long Walk by Jill Scott played as Slim neatly organized her clothes into the closet and some drawers.

"Let's take a long walk around the park after dark.." Slim sang along.

Her music volume slightly lowered, signifying that she'd gotten a message.