Epilogue

Cash & Slim

"Baby.. I really think we should paint our bedroom with some black."

He scrunched up his face, "No.. Kiamantè, why we can't do some neutral colors?"

She huffed and rolled her eyes, "You so irritating!"

"Slim, how I'm irritating? You done got every customization you wanted in this house! I done compromised on a lot of shit witchu..?"

He sighed as tears began to fill her eyes, "You're right, you have compromised a lot.. I'm sorry."

"Slim, don't start today."

She shook her head, "I'm sorry baby, I wasn't being fair to you."

Blowing out a breath, he wrapped his arms around her, "It's cool, baby."

"No it's not, and you're not irritating. I'm sorry for yelling, oh my gosh please don't hate me.."

All Cash could do was laugh at how emotional Slim had gotten.

"I don't hate you baby, are you hungry?"

He watched as her tears went away and a smile appeared, "We're starving.. like my little snacks not holding me over."

Slim always made sure to pack ample snacks in her purse whenever they went out anywhere. Her pregnancy had turned her into a snacker.

He watched as she frowned causing him to sigh, "What's wrong, Slim?"

"I'm hungry.. but I don't know what I want,"

"Ain you still wanted to try that Nigerian restaurant?"

"Yes! Oh my gosh, you are so smart." She did a little dance as she rubbed her belly before walking out of the construction zone.

Cash smiled as he followed after her.

Over the past 4 months, they'd been working on building their house. The two were excited as it would be done in just enough time to be ready for the baby.

"Papa, please hurry," Slim called from the car.

He waved her off as he continued slow walking, just to get on her nerves.

_________________________

"You like my fit for the shower?" Cash asked as Slim devoured her Egusi soup.

"Yea, it's cute.." she smiled.

Cash really wanted to wear the traditional Burberry baby shower outfit. Since they were going with brown and neutral colors, it fit.

"Bro, what we need to be figuring out is what we about to name my daughter," Cash said as he worked on finishing his Jollof rice.

"I already told you all the names I liked. Do you have any in mind?" Slim asked.