Prologue

DRIP

DRIP

DRIP

The water droplets are slowly sliding on the glass window. A small figure is seen sleeping on the bed sleeping through the rainy night. A thick blanket is covering her from the cold breeze. 

CREAKKK

The bedroom door slowly opened.The shadow of the two figures could be seen.From their posture they look old.

"Look at our angel atty, so innocent i don't want to send her there. Can't we go somewhere else and live our life"

"we can't ivy dear you know that even if we move from here it will put her life in danger along with ours. They will surely find us now that they know where we are now. I don't have any other option but you do. listen here ivy please stay here. Atleast one of us will be with nix"

"Stop. In sickness and in health atty remember. You know that i cant live without you and I wont allow you to face the end alone. We are together and we will be together."

saying this the woman goes inside the room, goes towards the bed, kiss the small girl on her forehead and slowly close the door. Both of them had tears trailing down their cheeks. 

They went towards the living room where a young couple are sitting on the couch. The women is pregnant and the man is supporting her by holding her around her waist.

"Atticus you know that you dont have to do this right. we could fiind some other way. we could go to the police and ask for their help."

"Evan this is how it should be. you dont know how powerful they are and about informing police, even before they reach here, we would be dead. Now our only wish is to safeguard nix from them. i trust you to do what has to be done. you are like a son to me and i always wished to see your children and play with them just i like did with you but i guess god had other plans." Saying this he hands over a letter to Evan.
"Promise me you will do this"
"I promise"

"Audrey you're gonna be the best mother so don't ever doubt yourself and Evan my child please take care"saying this Ivy hugs Audrey.

hearing this the couples had tears in their eyes.

"we should leave now. i guess this is a goodbye. please tell nix that we love her"

"we sure will tell her but is there any chance that could convince to you to drop out of this suicide mission"

"NO" said the older couples firmly.

"please dont do this" cried Audrey.

"we don't have any other options and we need to leave right now. its time"

"atleast you could tell us who is behind you" asked Evan.

"i wish i could but it would put your life in danger. you have a bright future ahead. i never wanted to involve any of you in this but i don't know where to keep nix safe. i have already risked your lives if they followed me here so i don't wish to put more problems in your life."

saying this the older couple,Atticus and Ivy left their house.

That was the last time Evan and audrey saw the older couple. The next day all they received was the news of the death of Atticus and Ivy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------