CHAPTER 24

It was the day where most people wait for it to end. The golden child of the weekdays. The superhero of the work week. It was a Friday.
Everyone was getting ready to leave for their work. All the people in the gasper mansion were ecstatic for the day to end as they have made several plans to enjoy the weekend with their sweet pea. Everyone were eager to wrapup their work.
Since it was the end of the weekdays, ledger had to go to his club to check the progress as well as restock everything cuz weekend as well as friday nights are the most crowded nights. Since the time nix had gone missing, most of the weekend he will spend in the club. But today he was very excited for the weekend. He wanted to complete all the pending works so as to not get disturbed during the weekends.
Niall had an upcoming art exhibition so he was busy the last few days. He wanted to complete all the paintings and art works required for the exhibition along with some extras as a precaution.
Even Ophelia and adrika had work so only magnus and phoenix was there in the mansion.
After having breakfast, everyone left after kissing nixs forehead who was still eating her breakfast.
Magnus was waiting for nix to complete her food with a stoic face. Nix after finishing her orange juice, looked up at magnus who was looking at his surrounding. Seeing there being no food in his plate, nix got down from her high chair which was designed with a ladder so she could get down without anyone's help. She had chosen that high chair which had cute teddy faces in it.

Being too tired to walk all the way around the table, she crawled under the table to reach magnus who was sitting opposite to her

Being too tired to walk all the way around the table, she crawled under the table to reach magnus who was sitting opposite to her. Feeling someone pulling his pants, magnus bend down to see the little culprit who gave him a cheeky smile. Looking at her being too adorable, magnus smiled and picked her up from under the table.
Nix when picked up by magnus who seated her on his lap, stood up and got the table. She then went towards the fruit basket kept in the centre of the table and took two apples and gave it to magnus. Seeing the confused expression on magnus face, she said,
"Magy this for you, no fwood on pwate i bwing fwuits, you lwike appwe"
(Magy this is for you. There is no food on your plate so I brought you fruits, do you like apples)
When he didn't react, nix again went towards the fruitbasket and took some berries in her hands. When she noticed that it was very few and looked at magnus who was big, she made a bag in her skirt, fill the berries in it and came back.

"Magy you hungwy you look hewe thwe so I bwing this"(Magy are you still hungry, you were looking here and there so I bring the fruits for you)Amused by her act, magnus laughed out loud

(Magy are you still hungry, you were looking here and there so I bring the fruits for you)
Amused by her act, magnus laughed out loud.
Thinking that magnus is making fun of her, nix teared up.
Looking at the tears forming in his buttercups eyes, he immediately took her in his arms and hugged her.
"Baby why are you crying,what happened?"
"Magy u mwake fun of nix"
(Magy you make fun of nix)
"Ohh my buttercup I was not making fun of you. It was just that you were so cute and adorable also I'm not hungry I already ate a lot of food and my tummy if full. So when you said that you thought I'm still hungry, that made me laugh"
"So magy no mad at nix"
(So magy not mad at nix)
"Why will I be mad at you baby"
"So u no hwate nix"
(So you don't hate me)
"Oh my baby I don't hate you rather I love you to the moon and back"
"Rweally"
(Really)
"Yes my buttercup. Why would you think that I hate you"
"You always so silent and you don't smwile so nix thwink magy hwate nix"
(You are always silent and you don't smile at nix so nix think magy hate nix)
"Ohh dear I love you a lot baby"
"Then why u lwook like a chimp..chimp..chimpazee"
(Then why do you look like a chimpanzee)
"You mean chimpanzee baby"
"Ywes why u lwook like chimpazee"
"Are you calling me a chimpanzee" said magnus with a stern look.
"No you lwook pweety but you face lwike chimpazee"
(No you look pretty but your face expression looks like chimpazee)
"Oh yeahh" saying this he started tickling her.
"Magy no...(haha) no twickle (hahaha)"
But magnus didn't stop tickling her.
"Mag...yyy no I pee my pwants pwease"
That made magnus stop his act. Nix started breathing heavily ,looking at magnus with an accusing look.
Maya who had entered the dining hall when magnus was tickling nix, was watching the scene with a smile on her face. Ever since phoenix was missing,magnus had stopped smiling. He used to smile rarely but most of them were fake. So seeing him laughing out loud was a sight for Maya who was in love with magnus from her teenage days. She had first met magnus when she was about 5years. That was the time when the mehra family had moved into that neighbourhood. She had known that there was a boy named magnus since her brother niall used to play with him but she never met him. It was her birthday and since they were neighbours the gasper family was invited. That was the first time she had seen him. He had worn a black tux with black pants, his hair was sleek and styled with gel. Looking oh so handsome, he was the talk of all her friends. Him being the son of the billionaire Maverick was just an add on. He had wished her. When she asked for the gift, he showed the gift that hus parents had bought for her. But when she asked him for a separate gift, magnus made a cute thinking expression and then gave her a hug and a kiss on her cheek. He had said that he would give her a gift of his own from her next birthday as she is now his best friend. From that day on the trio became inseparable and till the date magnus had kept his promise. He would always gift her something which he bought with his pocket money. That made her fall for him. It was not his gift but his efforts which made her love him. Magnus was her first crush. Her whole life had revolved around magnus. He was also the reason for her completing her degrees so soon. She went to the same college as of magnus. since their degree background were different they spent very little time together but that didn't stop Maya from meeting him daily. He was her biggest inspiration in becoming the CEO of her dads company since she did MBA with magnus after her fashion designing course just to be with him. She has seen every phase of his life that now she is afraid that he will forget about her when he will start dating. That was one of the terrifying nightmare for her.

Nix was magnus's lifeline and he was Maya's life.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey my dear amigos
Hope you enjoyed the update.
Comment me your opinion about Maya and Magnus.
Nix is so cute isn't she.
Thank you so much for all your votes and comments.
For now bye bye.
Until next update.