CHAPTER 10

It was late in the evening. The moon was trying to peek out from the abyssess of the clouds.
An expensive car came to a stop in front of a small two storey house.
Two men wearing perfectly tailored suits which would have cost a fortune, came out of the car. Their watches shining in the darkness. They could hear the chatting of people from the house confirming that there are more than 3 people inside the house.
One of them knock on the door. A bulky looking man in a decent clothing open the door.
"Are you Evan?"
Seeing the men with a blank face asking for him without any greeting, Evan had an idea of who they were. Still he asked,
"Yes I'm Evan, may I know who you are?"
"I'm Hayes Gasper and this is Acacia Gasper, we received a phone call regarding a child named Phoenix"
"Ohh hello Mr.Gasper, we were expecting you. Please come in."
After they stepped inside, only then Evan noticed about 4-5 people who were looking like bodyguards standing near the car. The sight had chills running down on him.
Evan then turned around and asked," Mr.Gasper what about those people standing outside. You could invite them too"
"No its fine, they are our bodyguards ,this is their work and most importantly we don't trust you enough" saying this Hayes went behind Acacia who was already proceeding towards the living room.
Several men and women were present in the living room,watching Tv , some of them were chatting and drinking. Seeing new people, all of them turned towards Acacia and Hayes.
"Guys this is Mr Acacia Gasper and Mr.Hayes Gasper. They are Phoenix's brothers. Mr Gasper they are my neighbours and friends and this is my wife Audrey."
Everyone greeted them with Hello's and Hi's.
"Gaspers hmm I have heard about you. Aren't you guys like Richy rich.Nice to meet you"
"Nice to meet you guys but we would like to see Phoenix first" saying this Acacia turned towards Evan and Audrey.
Audrey went towards Phoenix's room.  Nix was busy playing with marshmallow when see saw the bedroom door opening. Audrey came towards nix with a smile and said,"hey baby your brothers are here".
Hearing this nix rushed towards the living room followed by Audrey behind asking her not to run.
When nix entered the living room,she saw two huge men in black suits, their back facing towards her. She started taking slow steps towards them.
Hearing tiny footsteps had the brothers hearts to beat faster. They were both excited as well as nervous which they have never felt before. The first time they felt this kind of emotion was when their mother was in the labour while carrying Phoenix.
Their ice cold heart were beating for their little sister.
Now having the same feeling was so different for them that they doubted about having an heart attack or something.
They slowly turned around just to get disappointed...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger
I'm so evil ain't I.
But don't worry I will update the next chapter very soon.