CHAPTER 1

Its about 8:00am in the morning. 

The sunrays penetrating through the window woke little phoenix from her slumber.
She sat up rubbing her eyes with her cute chubby little hands.
She slowly got down from the bed and opened the bedroom door.
It is not an unusual thing for nix to sleep in her Evan uncle's house. She usually comes there to play with aunt Audrey and most importantly to talk to the baby inside Audrey's belly. Mostly it will end up with her having a sleepover.
So she is known to all the routes in that house.
She headed towards the kitchen as soon as the smell of pancakes reached her nose.
"Gwood mowning aunt audey"
When she didn't receive any reply, nix went near Audrey and started pulling her dress.
Audrey who was thinking about how to tell phoenix about the death of her grandparents didn't notice phoenix entering the kitchen till she pulled her dress.
"Nix sweety you are awake, would you like some pancakes dear"
"ywes pwease aunt audey"
"Before that my sweetheart tell me did you brush your teeth"
"Oops" saying this nix started running towards the guest room where all her necessities are kept. She went inside the bathroom pulled out the stool which was specially kept for her from under the wash basin,got on top of it and started brushing her teeth. She was shaking her cute little bums humming a tune.

In the kitchen Audrey was trying hard not to cry in front of phoenix. Evan had went to phoenix's house to estimate the situation. Audrey was usually an emotional person and her pregnancy just heightened her moods.
When she heard the footsteps of phoenix, she plated pancakes with fruits and maple syrup for herself and nix.
"Hey sweety come here, your favorite pancakes with maple syrup is ready"
Nix went Audrey who helped her to get on the chair.
"Aunt audey iss the bwaby awake, wen will swhe coming out, I wanna pway with her"
"The baby is still sleeping sweety and in two months she will be out"
"Two mwonths" said nix showing three fingers
"That's three baby" said Audrey and fold one of her finger"now this is two and yes in two months"
"Otay" Phoenix went near Audrey's belly and said"bwaby come soon otay vove you mwahh"
Then went back to eating her pancakes.
While they were having breakfast, the front door got opened and Evan came in.
Seeing her face, Audrey couldn't control her tears. Since nix was very much into the pancakes, she didn't notice the Evan was there nor the tears in Audrey's eyes.
Evan went towards his room and took out letter from the drawer.

Taking a deep breath ,he called the number mentioned in the letter.

"Hello...."