CHAPTER 15

Newyork city

Maverick had reached his house or more like mansion late at night. He rushed inside to be welcomed by empty hallway.
He expected to see his wife and sons waiting for him in the living room.
Then something stuck him like a lightning. So without thinking twice he rushed towards his daughters room.
When he opened the door, the room was beautifully decorated with several furniture's. 

The walls were painted with several Disney characters and not to forget the amount of soft toys arranged on one side of the room

 But the thing which he found the most fascinating was the figures sleeping on the bed.
Ophelia was sleeping in the centre with magnus on one side and ledger on the other side. Maya and niall were sleeping in the extremities with Maya cuddling magnus. Maverick chuckled as he already saw this coming. Niall was sleeping upside down with his leg on ledgers face. Maverick took out his phone from his pocket and clicked a picture.
He noticed that Ophelia was holding nix's baby photo. 
Without disturbing, he closed the door slowly and went to eat something. While going towards the dining room, he messaged his elder son about the information on his daughter and their whereabouts. It was about 2am in the morning , so he was not expecting any reply.
But the thing he wished with his whole heart was for the information to be true. He was never a believer of god but he was praying for the return of his daughter.
He prepared himself a sandwich, went towards the dining table, sat on a chair and started eating. He started remembering about his past. How he met his soulmate, the love of his life.

Flashback

Maverick was born in a rich family. His father Adrian, was a successful business man, owner of chains of hotels and restaurants. He was a respectable personality in the society but can be ruthless if anyone hurts his family or cheats him in anyway.
His mother Avery was a model but then became a homemaker after her first son was born, wanting to commit herself in motherhood.
Maverick was the first born among his brothers. The second was Elijah followed by Blake.
Maverick being the successor took over the business after he completed his business degree. He was this strict alpha make,radiating a dominating aura around him. His company was his everything and his father, a role model. Love was never something he was interested in nor did he believe in it. Though he did have some temporary girlfriends here and there during his teenage days, they were nothing serious.
His best friend Anil, is the one who forces him to take a break every now and then.

It was a Friday afternoon. He was as usual doing his work when his bestfriend barged inside in a dramatic way.
"Mave your friend is here to rescue you from the misery called work"
"I never said I hate working"
"Ohh I know your work is your wife, who you always want to be with. But now your gonna getup and come with me to this awesome restaurant I came across. We are gonna there and have lunch and spend time with each other"
"Anil I don't have time for that. I have to complete this file and as far as spending time is concerned, we always meet up or more like you invite yourself in my house most times"
"Bro who can say no to tasty food made by aunt Avery, not me. Now get up come on" saying this anil started pulling him. Sighing in defeat, maverick gave in.

They reached a cute restaurant named 'Palm and pine'. The insides were mostly covered with small plants and a palm tree in the centre.
It was so peaceful.
They spotted an empty table in a corner, not to be noticed by anyone.
A waitress came to take their orders. On seeing two handsome men stiing in the table, she adjusted her dress and went towards them.
Even though she trued to get their attention, she was only met with disappointment when they didn't even acknowledge her and just gave there orders.
Sighing she went back.
Maverick was scrolling through his phone while anil was speaking about anything and everything to him. Anil knew that his friend was listening to him as this was a normal occurance.
Suddenly they heard a sound.
*Ouch*
Followed by the sound of someone falling down.
Turning around,he saw a girl on the floor, holding her knees. Her curly hair flying in air. She looked to be around 18.
Maverick felt something in his heart, a new feeling which he never felt for any girl. He slowly approached her and asked if she was OK.
The girl slowly lifted her eyes. Two hazel eyes collided together. She was wearing a round glass. Her hair was framing her face. She had almost clear skin with a perfect jawline and chubby cheeks. She was cute with a pout on her face that he wanted to kiss so badly. She was slender yet had curves at the right places. He felt the need to protect her, take care of her and treat her like the queen, his queen. He was surprised by his own thoughts.
"I'm fine mister. I hurt my knees but it will be OK. Just a small bruise. Nothing new or serious. Thank you for your concern." Saying this, she got up, dusted her skirt, collected her books and left the restaurant.
He was shocked that she didn't recognise him because maverick was a famous business man. It was also amusing how she didn't throw herself at him unlike other girls. He stood shell shocked in the place for sometime.
Anil went towards his friend and started shaking him that got him out of his reverie.
"Dude she already went, what are still doing here, standing her looking at her retreating figure also our food is here"
"Nothing, let's go and eat"
They completed their lunch and went to their companies.
That night was a sleepless night for maverick. Whenever he would close his close, the girls figure comes in front of him. He wished to meet her again.

Will he be able to meet her again?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey lovely people
I just love reading all your comments which just pushes me to write more. Please continue leaving your comments and don't forget to vote.

This is just a small preview on Maverick and Ophelia's story.

What do you guys think about it?