CHAPTER 12

It was around midnight. The whole dreake town was covered by the blanket called silence. Even the animals and birds didn't make any sound.
In between the darkness, a figure silently moved towards Phoenix's house. He went towards the door and tried opening it. Seeing it locked, he went towards the window. All the windows were locked except for the kitchen window. He entered through that window and started moving towards the living room. It seems like he was searching for something.
He opened all the drawers, cupboards and even the trash bin there.
Then he went towards one of the room.
Opening the drawers he saw the clothes were bigger meaning it was Atticus and Ivy's room. He searched every nook and corner of the room but still he didn't find anything. So he came out of the room and went upstairs where he found two rooms.
One of the room was seemingly unused and covered with dust. The room was practically empty.
So he went to the next room. It was beautifully decorated with a princess themed wooden bed. Basically the princess characters were carved in the fine teak wood. The mattress was so soft that it could give a tough competition for clouds. The walls were painted in a perfect combination of purple, white and soft pink. Several animals and princesses were painted on the wall.
He noticed that it was the biggest room in the house. He started his search. He bent down to see below the bed. He checked the closet just to be welcomed with several collection of beautifully sewed dresses with fine fabric which are rare to find.
He was astonished seeing the dresses since the clothes he found in the closet of the old people, they were that of common people.
This raised his curiosity as well as suspicion.
Another thing which made him more suspicious is that he didn't find a single photo or a picture of any of them in the whole house, not even of that little girl.
When he was leaving the room, he found a small basket cornered near the bedroom door.
The basket was filled with soft pillow draped with a cotton cloth and some soft toys scattered in it.
He went near the basket and found some white hair near it.
Then he lifted the basket and found that a tile was slightly different from others. He slightly touched the tile and it was movable.
He rushed towards the kitchen and took a small can opener and went back to the room.
The removed the tile and found a small antique box placed inside. He took the book out from there and inspected it. The box was so different and design was impeccable. He has never seen any box like this.
He tried to open it, but failed. When he turned the box in several direction, he found a small key hole in one of the corner of the side.
The key hole was not easily noticed. It can only be seen when keenly looked at.
He took the box with him and went downstairs.
Suddenly he noticed that the lights in the living room were turned when he clearly remembered turning it off. He slowly inched towards the living room where he saw a figure sitting on the couch, smoking.
When the figure heard the footsteps, it said

"Hope you found what you were searching for, now why don't you show me that or better give it to me."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hola guys:
How are you liking the story so far. I hope it is interesting.
If you guys find it good, please don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts.

So whom do you think the guys are?
Is it an enemy or a friend?
What do you guys think will happen next?

Comment your answers.