CHAPTER 13

"Why are you here?"
"Ohh my brother I knew you would come here. Thought you would want another hand for help but seems like you already completed your search" said Hayes in a playful manner.
Acacia had an irritated expression which he soon masked it with his usual blank face.
"I don't need your help and I didn't call you to accompany me because I didn't want to leave phoenix alone you idiot."
"Ohh big brother don't worry she has her own savior" even though his tone was playful, acacia could hear the sarcasm,irritation and jealously in his tone
"What savior, what are you talking about"
"That nasty creature is guarding her. It is not even letting me near her. Do you know what it did, it scratched my arms while I was enjoying my sleep with my sweetheart". This was the first time Hayes has spoken the most, much to acacia's amusement.
Seeing acacia showing an amused reaction, Hayes shut his mouth.
Complete silence was prevailing there for a few minutes.
" I guess we should go back. I don't want phoenix to wake up alone" saying this they switched off all the lights and went towards the kitchen window.
They reached Evans house and tiptoed inside the house. When they were about to reach the stairs, the lights were switched on.
"Do you guys need something" asked Audrey who had came to kitchen to drink some water.
"Hmm nothing we just wanted some water"
"You got your water"
"Yes" saying this both of them turned around to go to the room.
"Instead of kitchen windows, you could have asked me for the keys" saying this Audrey retreated to her room.
Both the brothers were embrassed as well as doubtful.
"How did she know"
"We will ask her about it tomorrow" saying acacia and Hayes headed towards nix's room.
" I got this box under a basket. I guess that was the cats bed"
Acacia showed the box which he had hid inside his jacket, to Hayes on their way to the room. Hayes stopped outside the room to examine the box.
"This looks like a unique antique piece. Strange"
Just then they heard sniffing sound,like someone is crying.
They opened the bedroom door to see Phoenix sitting on the bed, crying.
Tears were rolling down her chubby cheeks like pearls.
Seeing her tear stained face, the brothers felt pain in their heart.
They rushed towards her and Acacia hugged her close to him with Hayes rubbing her back, saying sweet nothings in her ears.
Feeling warmth, nix opened her eyes to see both her brothers near her trying to comfort her.
"Bubba, hay-hay why leave, me awone. No leave nix awone. Nix gwood gwil", Said nix sniffing.
Even with tears streaming down, She was so adorable that the brothers were awwing in their mind.
" baby we will never leave you, we just went to drink water. And you are my baby, how could we leave you alone."
"Pwinky pwomise"
"Pinky promise baby" saying this acacia joined his pinky with nix's pinky. Her pinky was so small compared to acacia's.
Nix pouted seeing this and asked,
"Why you so bwig?"
Chuckling at her cuteness, Hayes said," because he eat more food and exercises more sweetheart"
"So I ewat mow fwood, me bwig lwike bubba"
"Of course baby. Now how about we sleep now"
"Otay bubba, goodnwight hay-hay,goodnwight bubba"
Slowly she started falling asleep in her bubbas arms.
The brothers had one of the peaceful sleep that night.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hola amigos,
Sorry for the delay. Please leave your comments about the story and vote.

Iam kinda disappointed. There was no comments in the last chapter. The more comments the faster the updates will be. So please encourage me to post updates faster. Also feel free to include any ideas.