Chapter one: rules

"Grrrr..."

I stared at the bloodied beast in front of me, its canines glistening under the moonlight as it stared at me with a hungry expression. His eyes were a dull golden tone, resembling a bar of gold I had worked with a few months ago, when I still lived on earth.

His black fur had patches of his dried blood on it, some sticking his shiny coat together and making his fur lumpy. The lycan gave me a loud bark, and he sprinted towards me.

I scoffed, he needed to be much faster than that.

I lifted my hand up in the air, a spiral of magic shooting out of my hand and zooming right in front of him. It circled his body, and he froze in place. Struggling to move, he hissed at me angrily, extending his claws to slash them at me. I closed my palm, making it nearly impossible for him to breathe.

He wheezed and thrashed under my strong hold, but I did not let my pity for him make me any weaker. I had learned quite a few times in Lunaria that pity would get me killed. Not by my own creatures but by the enemies.

And God... I had so many enemies.

"Lia, you might want to stop now. Luke is out cold."

I snapped out of my thoughts and focused back on the half werewolf breed that was still compressed by my magic. When I saw him passed out, I quickly let him go, his heavy body collapsing on the cold grass. I grimaced at his state and watched as fairies rushed over to tend to his wounds.

I turned to the creature who had stopped me, finding my personal advisor and guard staring back at me with a look of amusement. I frowned at him, "Don't look at me like that, Kaiser. Daffodil told me to go hard on them. This isn't just training for me but for the warriors as well."

"I'm sure that sparkle-fly did, but perhaps going too hard on them does disadvantage us. Six of our best warriors are still in observation... Well, plus Luke over here."

I huffed as he led me back into the palace. I needed a long bath. I had been doing nothing but training since the crack of dawn. "Is my husband back from his meeting?" I asked the demon. Kaiser looked down at me, his blonde hair falling over his face. "I think so. Would you like me to send someone to check?"

"No, I'm heading to my bedroom now. You're also free to go to your room. I will talk to you tomorrow." I told him. Kaiser looked at me with his pink eyes and nodded, "Okay, you have a good night." He said before turning on his heels and walking away.

I stretched my body and walked up the stairs of my dark palace. The lights were switched off hours ago. It was a measure I took to force the creatures that worked here to go home earlier because some overworked themselves.

Many things have changed since we defeated Precious. Fortunately, that change was better than it was bad. We rebuilt all of the destroyed buildings and they looked even better than they used to. I added in some technology around the area, but nothing like phones and computers. It was more for engineering and health related matters.

Also, there is a bit of deadly weaponry.

Alexander and I had finally gotten crowned queen and king, and a few days after that, we got married. I was now Queen Blackwood and had a beautiful palace built and named in our honor.

We had our warriors and advisors living here with us and a couple of fairies to take care of domestic work around the place. Kaiser became my personal guard and assistant, but of course Alexander and him still hated each other. It was better than before though. They weren't friends but they had a sense of respect between them. A silent agreement almost.

Our island was split into two countries, North Alexander and South Alexander, which were named after my husband. Goliath and Sapphire managed the North and Valedria and Sei's father managed the South. At the end of each full moon, They reported to us royals, and we dealt with any queries the creatures had.

The currency of Lunaria was called Aki's, named after me.

Humans were not permitted to know about this island for all of our safety. The only humans that lived here were Gia, my little sister and...

I bumped to someone as I was walking, making the individual fall down at the impact. I may still be one of the shortest creatures to walk on this land, but I was as strong as a brick wall. Creatures fell and broke their ribs if they bumped to me.

That's probably why Valedria made it illegal to bump to me or Alexander...

"Damnit! Ouch!" Damien cursed on the floor.

Yes, Damien still lived here.

I know it sucks and everyone hates him, but I needed him. He was my only access to the human world. The one who went out and got the technology and science things for me. He gave me updates about what's happening in the world... And he was the only one I knew well enough to handle stuff like that.

That didn't change that every single creature that lived in Lunaria hated his guts. He was still an abomination to us, a liability and a waste of our non-polluted Lunarian air. They still despised humans.

Gia was the only little human princess that they loved so much.

"Sorry, Damien. Are you okay?" I asked him, helping him get up.

"No, I'm sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." He said. He quickly picked something up and shoved it in his pocket but it was too late. I had already seen it. My eyes turned red as I yanked him closer to me and pulled the cellphone out. "You know I forbade cellphones on my land, Damien!" I hissed at him.

He sighed and rolled his eyes, "Yeah and I need it to know what's going on back at Earth. I can't keep travelling there every week."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Opening them again I spoke, "the humans could track you down with this! Have you no respect for my laws?"

"Your laws or Valedria's laws?"

"I approved them, and they are there with good reason. You are already on thin ice with Alexander. What if he was the one that caught you with one? You would be dead!" I warn him. I squeezed his phone with my hands as if it was an eggshell and Damien glared at me when I threw the broken screen at him.

"If you cannot follow my rules, you will leave this land. Just know that you will be leaving in a body bag!" I hissed at him, pushing past him.

"What the hell happened to you, Akielia?" He asked me softly. I didn't turn around as I stopped walking, my eyes going back to their original brown colour.

"It's your majesty to you." I only said, walking away from him.

I knew that being Queen had changed me, but I also knew that no matter which character I became, the safety of my people would always be my first priority.

Hope you enjoyed
Vote| Comment |Share