Chapter thirty: flames

I watched carefully as the werewolf stalked towards me, making my eyebrows furrow. "Are you going to keep creeping up on me, or are you coming to fight like a man?"

The werewolf growled but made no move.

I stood straight, confused. My eyes widened, and my magic dissolved when he suddenly shifted back to human, making me step back. He was butt naked, probably six feet tall with jet black hair and piercing gold eyes. I kept my eyes strictly on his face, not wanting to see any other body parts.

"Like a man, huh?" He asked me huskily. I stepped back again, surprised about this encounter. "What's a pretty girl like you going to do to a big man like me?"

"Why don't you shift back into your wolf and find out." I dared him, hoping he would listen. He smirked at me, his eyes raking me from head to toe.

"You're sexy. Be my girlfriend." He only said. My mouth nearly fell open in surprise.

"You're kidding? You attacked me and my men." I deadpanned.

"I was unaware that such a beautiful woman was in there," he said smoothly. "I would have just told them to snatch you first and then attack."

"Oh, well, no thanks. I have two very possessive boyfriends." I said, preparing to fight him in his nakedness.

He put his hands on his hips and frowned, not liking my words. He was a very sassy man.

"How possessive could they be?" He asked.

When he asked the question, a fist collided with his cheek, knocking him over. He hit the ground and painful skid against the rocks and dirt. I looked up, my eyes meeting Sei's grey and red eyes. He huffed jealously, "destroying my carriage is one thing, but hitting on my girlfriend in front of me is a death wish."

The man sat up and frowned, somehow ignoring the terrifying bruises on his body. "I guess the fairy will have to do for now."

Daffodil?

"Where is she–"

The man suddenly got up at the speed of light, tackling Sei to the ground. I rushed over to them, grabbing a fistful of his hair and dragging him off Sei. He turned to me angrily, and Sei took it as his queue to wrap his arm around his neck and choke him.

I looked towards Alexander, finding him struggling to fight off three werewolves. I lifted my hand and a wave of magic shot out of it. It crashed into the wolves, knocking them over. Alexander got up and pounced on one, and I looked for Shiloh. I saw him ripping the head off one werewolf. He didn't need any help from me.

I turned back to Sei, who was close to killing the werewolf. They didn't need my help. They seemed to have everything under control.

"I'm going to find Daffodil!" I declared to Sei. He shook his head.

"Don't you dare, my mate."

"She could be getting molested by these wolves!"

The werewolf gasped out a laugh through Sei's death grip. "You're too late if that's your concern. She's been ruined."

My heart sank at his words.

"Sei, we have to–"

"You think that I'm the leader because I'm a tad bit bigger? You're sadly mistaken." He chuckled weakly. "We've been rouges for years. Our pack has nearly a hundred members. We're just the scavengers, stealing resources to take back to the leader."

Sei growled and twisted his head, killing him. He shoved the body away from him and sat up. I watched as he stood up and dusted himself off, his muscled arms flexing as he did. We looked to the distance, Shiloh shifting back to Silas and Alexander kicking the last werewolf.