Chapter thirteen: awake

"She's been glued to him since she heard his heart beating."

"Is he fine, though? Did he wake up at all in the middle of the night?"

"He hasn't woken up yet, but he's doing really well. I believe that he will have a speedy recovery."

I slowly opened my eyes, feeling my body shiver from coldness. I let out a silent yawn as I stared at the ceiling, remembering that I had fallen asleep in my training room. My arms were tightly locked around Silas, and they were refusing to let him go.

My hand made its way to his heart, a smile forming on my face when I felt it beating with a strong force. It was as if he had been alive this whole time. His skin was warmer, and he looked less pale. I was so relieved that he was okay.

I kissed his chest lightly and snuggled deeper into his body. I never wanted to let him go ever again.

I won't let him go.

"Akielia, you need to move." Kaiser said to me. I ignored him and shut my eyes, refusing to do what he had just said. "He needs to heal properly. How will he do that with you on top of him?"

I felt a strong grip on my arm, making me pull back roughly, "Get off me!" I screamed, feeling Kaiser yanking me off him. I felt my eyes welling up with tears as he pulled me harder. I didn't want to let Silas go. I didn't want to leave him.

"LET GO!" I let out one final scream, clenching my fist. A bolt of lightning shot out from my hand and crackled around Kaiser's hands. He let go of me quickly, hissing as pain rippled through his nerves. I took his distance as a chance to create a protective barrier around Silas and I. My magic formed into a large glass-like dome, surrounding the both of us protectively.

Sei didn't say anything to stop me as he approached the barrier. "Be careful, Akielia. Don't hurt yourself in there." He said worriedly. "We won't take him away. Alexander just wanted to speak to you, but he doesn't want to come in here."

"I'm not leaving until he wakes up." I mumbled. I knew that I was being irrational and a tad bit psychotic but I didn't care at that moment. Silas is all I wanted near me. It was wrong for me to say this, but I would much rather cling onto him all day than argue with Alexander.

Sei furrowed his brows and turned to check on Kaiser. He didn't seem to be hurt, but I knew that he was in pain. Being electrocuted was nothing pleasant.

"I'm sorry, Kaiser."

He looked at me and shook his head, "No, I'm sorry for putting my hands on you. You are still my queen. I was disrespectful."

"I will let Alexander know of the situation and see what he says." Sei mumbled, turning to the door. After he left, I eased on the glass barrier, figuring that Kaiser wouldn't try to break through it. He looked at his hand and wiggled his fingers. "This is so unprofessional of you." He told me.

"I know,"

"You told the whole council that you wouldn't be romantic with him. This whole thing you're doing is giving long-lost lover. That's seriously romantic."

I groaned, "I freaking know."

"I can't keep reminding you that you're someone's wife. You need to be rational and loyal."

Thank you so much for the lecture, Kaiser. I already knew that.

"You're married?" Silas asked me, his tone sounding disappointed. "With who? So I'll break his jaw."

I rolled my eyes, "I couldn't really wait for you since you died and all..."

Wait a minute—

I quickly lifted my head and looked at Silas' face, my heart beating rapidly when I met beautiful grey and red eyes. "Silas," I breathed out. I felt dizzy from just looking at him, as if I would pass out from shock.

"I missed you, my little rose." He said with a weak smile, lifting his hand up. I immediately placed my face on it and felt him stroking my cheek. His rough hands felt foreign on my cheek, but it was a feeling that brought comfort to me.

"Dude! Woah!" Kaiser shouted from outside the dome. "Took your dead ass long enough to wake up."

Silas lifted a middle finger up to him, making me laugh. Kaiser rushed out of the room to call Sei, leaving me alone with the man I believed I would never speak to again.

"I thought I lost you forever." I whispered to him.

"Me too." He admitted. "Even in my death, in the darkness and silence, you were all I was thinking about."

I leaned down to kiss him but stopped myself midway. I couldn't do it, I had made a promise to my husband that I wasn't going to. As much as I yearned to feel his soft lips once more, it would do more harm than good. Silas saw my hesitation and frowned. "What is it?"

"I'm married, Silas." I whispered to him.

"To Sei?" He asked hopefully. His face fell when I shook my head no. "To Alexander then?"

I nodded, and he shifted his gaze to the ceiling, "I don't see what the problem is. He was very happy to join our relationship before, so why should I not do the same to him?"

"It's not like that anymore. A lot has changed since that day. We've all grown." I told him softly. Silas furrowed his eyebrows and looked at me again, his hand rubbing against my waist. "Does that mean you're breaking up with me?"

The doors whipped open, and nearly the whole castle rushed inside to see the miracle. Silas was indeed alive. I felt heat rush to my cheeks when the crowd gawked at us in awe while we were in this position. I quickly but unwillingly got up from the bed and removed the dome, clear glitter falling on the floor.

Fairies rushed to Silas to look at him and check if he needed anything. He looked confused the whole time, and I knew it was because he didn't fully understand where he was or what was happening. Nonetheless, I was so happy that he remembered everything and that he didn't hate me for it.

I looked towards the door, finding Sei staring at his brother nervously. I could tell that he was still trying to find the words to apologize to him. We had betrayed him when he needed us most and we let him get lost in the woods, probably scared and hurt. I didn't want to keep thinking about it. It hurt my heart.

Taking a deep breath, he slowly approached his brother, the rest of the creatures making way for him. They took it as their que to leave, and so did I. They needed privacy to work things out. Alexander was nowhere to be seen, but I already figured that he didn't want to welcome his enemy back.

I left the training room to go take a shower and eat. I would come back after and tend to Silas.

Hope you enjoyed
Vote| Comment |Share