Chapter forty three: era

"I'm not sure if I can do that, Alexander."

Alexander had just given me the biggest surprise ever. Although I had cast a spell on him to give him a sense of hope and new direction, I would have never thought that he would want to stop being a vampire.

"Please, it would really mean the world. I want to grow old with her. It doesn't seem right if she's the only one getting old."

"Why don't you just turn her into a vampire?"

Alexander frowned at my question. "Being a vampire can really suck the inner beauty and innocence one has. That's what I like about her. I can't see her ever becoming the monster I am."

I frowned, "You do realize what that will mean, right?"

He nodded, his gaze dropping to the floor. "I won't ever be able to come back here again."

"Meaning you won't see your family again. Goliath, who basically raised you. Sei, Silas, Kaiser, or me."

Alexander sighed, "I will always be grateful to father, Goliath, for being there when my own dad wasn't, and although Sei, Silas, and I never got along, we made great alliances. When we were good, we were really good."

He looked up at the sky, "Kaiser, well, I hate him either way." I laughed at his words. "But you, I may miss you the most." He said, his eyes meeting mine. "We are both the same. Born in different worlds, but unable to live in them. You were made to be sorceress. What if I was meant to be human?"

"What will you do when you get there?"

"Maybe I'll take your spot as a scientist. Who knows?" He said with a chuckle. "and maybe I can even adopt your little sister, just as a reminder that you were once in my life."

My heart stung.

Wow, this hurt more than I wanted it to. I definitely was no longer in love with him, but I have never thought that he would want to leave at some point. Being a vampire fitted him so well. It almost seemed absurd to think of him as a human.

But what I didn't want was for him to live a life he wasn't happy with. He could change his mind if he chose to at some point. I would be happy to make him a vampire again.

"Okay, I will change you." I told him. He gave me a grateful smile. "But not now. You need to rest your body first, and you'll have to say your goodbyes to your father and brothers."

He nodded quickly, "Of course. Thank you so much. It means the absolute world to me."

He smiled and walked off, seeming to be more relaxed than he was a few minutes ago. I was happy that he had a chance at peace. That was all I ever wanted for him, for all of us.

Peace.

I made my way back to the twins, and we headed back to our estate after all the festivities were over. While the castle was being rebuilt, we were going to stay there for a while. Goliath would head back to his own house after a couple of days.

Just as we all walked into the foyer or the estate, we met Alexander there. Standing next to him was Viola, and she looked like the happiest girl in the world.

Sei and Silas eyes each other in question but didn't say anything to each other as we approached the couple.

"Everyone," Alexander said, holding her hand tightly. "There is something I would like to say."

Goliath appeared from behind me, and he walked to a sofa and sat down. The rest of us followed, and only the couple remained standing.

"What's going on?" Sei asked after a moment of silence.