Chapter twenty three: confusing

"You know, I mean it when I say you didn't cheat. Maybe in human terms you did, but in supernatural laws, you didn't." Silas said to me, peering at me.

It was the next morning since Silas and I escaped to go to the lake. I was fully recovered and spending time outside to get some fresh air. Silas was with me, as a bodyguard...

And my lover.

"How so?" I asked him.

"We didn't decide to break up. When two mates verbally agree to become a couple, they kind of seal their bond. A verbal agreement doesn't strengthen or weaken it. It just acts as a seal, the cherry on top. Like when humans get engaged, they seal it with a ring." Silas explained. I nodded in understanding.

"You and I never broke that seal, meaning that even in my death, you and I were together. Unless we both told each other that we were broken up, we are together."

I pursed my lips and wondered why Sei didn't tell me. He never said anything about breaking a supernatural seal. Did that mean he was still my boyfriend, too?

"These laws are confusing." I complained. Silas smiled and ran his large hand through my hair, making me lean into his touch.

"They aren't. I believe that you're mixing them up with human laws. You'll have to learn to let go of them and only stick to supernatural laws. I'm here to help with anything you need."

I smiled and looked up at Silas. He was standing next to me, and I was sitting on a chair, overlooking the garden. He looked down at me and bent down to kiss my lips. A fairy that was cutting the shrubs looked at us in surprise, making my cheeks heat up. "Is it a good idea for us to be doing this in public?"

"No matter," Silas breathed out. "Tomorrow, I'm taking my crown. Alexander will have no choice but to break up with you if that's what you would like."

"Yes, please." I said with a nod.

"However," Silas added, "it would be better if you two broke up on mutual terms. Not only because I want you to."

"Right, I wanted to speak to that human before anything." I said. Silas looked at me in surprise.

"You think there's a chance he was loyal? And what if he was? You'll feel bad and change your mind?" He asked me calmly.

"No, I just don't want to accuse him of something I'm not sure of. Even if he didn't cheat, we'll have to admit that things aren't working out between us." I mumbled. "I just hope that he'll be willing to let things go without a fight."

Silas smiled, "I can not imagine marrying you if I wasn't going to fight for you. I'm sure he feels this way, too."

I guess.

The doors behind us opened, and out walked Sei and Daffodil. Sei had changed his hair from deep red to the natural yinmin blue he had. His bouncy curls were also back, making him look exactly like how he used to.

Daffodil looked angry as she made eye contact with me and started heading in my direction. I wondered what she wanted to argue about this time, but her glare shifted to Silas.

"Daffodil, please don't." Sei asked, following behind her. Silas stared down at the fairy as she crossed her arms.

"Why won't you mate with me, and mark me?" She asked very boldly. The fairy that was still trimming the shrubs near us gasped softly as she heard the drama. I knew that everyone would know about this before the sun set.

Silas looked flabbergasted, "Excuse me?"

"Sei told me that you two do everything together. When he marks me, you must too." She stated. "We are waiting for you, but you are taking too long."

I almost laughed in shock.

"Waiting?" Silas asked, clearly wanting to make sure that he wasn't going insane. "You're right. It is something we planned to do as twins."

"So? What's taking so long?" She asked, putting her hands on her hips. Silas pointed at me like I was the solution to world hunger.

"She's my mate." He only said. Sei stared at Silas and raised his eyebrows. "You mean ours."

It was my turn to be flabbergasted.

Sei didn't seem to know what he wanted.

He knew very well that Daffodil was his mate. I didn't know why he was suddenly including himself in being my mate.

Daffodil turned to snap at Sei, but Silas bet her, "No, I mean mine. Just me."

"But -"

"You have a girlfriend, or did you forget?"

Sei frowned and looked at me, "we didn't break up."

"So you have two girlfriends?" Silas poked the bear.

"What? I'm not going to share my mate!" Daffodil barked next to him. I frowned and stood up from my chair, making everyone look at me.

"Trust me, Daffodil, there's nothing I wish to share with you either. I've just about had enough of this." I breathed out. "Is there someone that we could ask about this? Someone older and more experienced?"

This was way beyond my control now.

Silas and Sei stared at each other as if they both had suggestions. They both shook their heads at the same time and yelled at each other. "Don't you dare!"

Sei crossed his arms, "you'd better not ask him!"

Silas also crossed his arms, "You'd better not ask her!"

I blinked in confusion.

Him? Her? Who were they talking about?

"Uh..." Daffodil mumbled, "Can someone tell me what's happening."

Sei sighed and looked at me, "He wants to ask our deadbeat father."

Silas frowned, "Better than asking our imprisoned mother. Besides, he's a full wolf and an alpha. He knows exactly how this mate business works."

"Clearly, considering how he abandoned us for his mate and her pack." Sei added bitterly.

Oh... I see.

But still, I didn't want to see Sofia. She did try to kill me after all.

Although, it would be great to see her reaction when she found out that I'm queen.

"So? Sofia or Alpha Nazari?" I asked the twins. I needed someone who would know how to fully explain this to me. I didn't care who anymore.

"Alpha," Silas nodded.

"Mother," Sei also said. I frowned.

"I also pick the Alpha." I said. Silas smiled and joined our hands. We all turned to look at Daffodil. She crossed her arms, her wings stretching behind her.

"The werewolves have more experience. Plus, their pack is much closer than the prison your mother is probably locked in." She said. Sei looked at her in disbelief, not expecting her to side with Silas and I.

"Great!" Silas clapped his hands, "so we're going to the Nazari Pack."

I pursed my lips, "Why can't we just summon him here?"

Silas pulled me to the grass, "Alphas are very prideful. Summoning him may anger him, and he may not give us what we want."

"Prideful? That sounds like someone I know." I said jokingly, nudging his arm.

He smiled, "Well, I was born from an Alpha and raised by a powerful demon. I would not expect anything less."

I smiled and playfully kicked his knee, sprinting away from him. He laughed, chasing after me. We charged past Sei and Daffodil, and I could barely see the longing look in Sei's eyes as he stared at us.

Don't forget to...
Vote| Comment |Share