Chapter twenty five: second-hand embarrassment

Silas threw the tent at Sei and turned to dig for another, his eyebrows furrowing after a few seconds. "Huh," he said softly and turned to the rest of us.

"There's only one tent." He said.

Alexander untied the horse-looking creatures and let them go, "Go hunt and rest. Be back here as soon as morning arrives."

The creatures huffed and sprinted away. He sure had a lot of trust in those things. What if they decided not to return?

Sei looked at Silas as he untied the tent, "Well, we'll have to share this one. The rest can try and fit in the carriage."

"It should fit at least five people." Daffodil stated.

Sei nodded, "People, not supernaturals. We are much bigger than human men. I think only three of us will fit, that's only because Akielia and Daffodil are already small in size."

So, two guys had to sleep in the carriage together.

"I'll be sleeping with Akielia." Silas said, reaching for the tent. He snatched it from Sei and started setting it up. A flash of thunder caught my attention, the gentle rumbling of the building storm following.

"I think it's fair that I sleep with my wife." Alexander objected.

"She's only your wife when you want her to be. Is she your wife when you spread the legs of that human slave?" Silas asked, making Alexander growl. Daffodil gasped and looked at me.

"So you're both cheating on each other? Some role models you both are." She scoffed.

"Shut it, or I'll make you." I clapped back. She turned to me and crossed her arms, and I did the same.

"Let's have it then!" She challenged me. I lifted my fist up to swing at her, but Sei caught it quickly.

"Seriously? Can we not do this?" He requested.

Silas finished setting the tent up and glared at Sei. "Don't give us that innocent act. We know you hate your girlfriend."

I snorted when Daffodil gasped, and she glared at me. Sei let me go and faced Silas.

"Stop spewing that crap. I already told you that I cared about Daffodil."

"You can't even get hard for her, and you're using me as an excuse to not mate with her!"

Daffodil's eyes nearly fell out of their sockets. She was absolutely outraged.

Alexander snickered at Silas' comment, and the twins both turned to look at him, "What's so funny?" Silas asked angrily.

"Yeah, you still need to admit that you have a blood and human fetish." Sei added, making Alexander's smile fall. "Now that Akielia is no longer human, you felt the spark you had for her vanish. The spark of being able to control her, feed from her, abuse her, and call it a 'vampire thing'. As if!"

"You need to close your mouth." Alexander said to Sei, pointing at him warningly.

"You're a shame to male vampires. Not that they're any different in any case." Silas chuckled, crossing his arms.

Alexander prepared to fight Silas, but Sei held him back. "Wow," Silas continued. "This reminds me of the time we were in Akielias' apartment. What a wave of nostalgia."

I turned to look at Daffodil when the men seemed to have calmed down. Her ears were red from anger... Or maybe it was embarrassment because she just found out that Sei was not even sexually attracted to her.

I smiled mockingly, "I guess you didn't need to worry about me in the first place. It's you that was the turn-off this whole time."

Daffodil stated at me with hatred, "Shut up."