Chapter twenty four: carriage

I watched outside my bedroom window as a carriage was loaded up with our belongings, preparing for our departure to the Nazari Packgrounds. My eyes moved back down to the map in front of me. It was a two day trip in a carriage with two horses and almost a week long trip on foot.

Half a day on a car.

"I miss my Porsche," I mumbled. There were a number of things I missed about my old life. Such as the delicious food I left behind and the pretty fashion we were exposed to. I definitely took those for granted. Here, I was expected to dress like a queen in big uncomfortable dresses, tight shoes, and perfect hair. Only when I was training could I wear something more comfortable.

Let's not even get started on the food here.

The most normal thing they have is red potatoes.

The door opened, and Alexander walked in. I hadn't been sleeping in here, and I knew that everyone else had noticed. Surely, everyone was aware of Silas and I, and I had no doubt that the Heads would want to meet up and discuss it soon.

I'll admit, I went about this whole thing the wrong way.

What's new when it comes to me?

"He postponed the fight?" Alexander only asked me. I nodded, "We are going somewhere for a couple of days."

He stood next to me and raised his eyebrows as he looked at the carriage being loaded up. "I wasn't aware you were also going to the packlands. Sei asked me for a few days of absence."

"Yeah," I said, not knowing what else to say to him. He looked at me, "What are you going to do there?"

"We just need clarification on the mate bonds, nothing much." I told him. There was no point in lying to him. He would have probably found out from asking the Alpha himself. They were quite good associates with one another.

"Oh, I should come too." He mumbled.

"Absolutely not." I stopped him. "I know you would like to see your human girl there, but you're the king. You need to keep track of things back here."

Alexander rolled his eyes at me, "My mother can run things for a while. She's more experienced in leadership than we both are."

I stared at him.

"I also have questions of my own about our relationship. It's nothing to do with... Her." He cleared his throat. I didn't say anything to him, and that must have been enough since he turned and left, probably to call someone to load his luggage up.

I shook my head and walked out of my room, nearly crashing to someone. He stumbled back, and I frowned when I saw him, "Damien."

Damien looked at me in surprise, as if he had not expected to see me. "Hey, Aki."

"Address me as your queen." I only told him. "Why are you near my room?"

"Oh, I wanted to speak to the king."

I nearly screamed. What's with Alexander and humans?

"What about?" I asked nonchalantly.

"Er... I'm not sure." He mumbled. I looked at him again, feeling something different about him. Like his aura. It was like it had changed, but it was still familiar to me.

Damien turned to walk away, but I stopped him after remembering something. "Damien, I recall seeing you cutting the hair of one of my fairies. What was the reason for that?" I asked him. He cringed at my question.

"Harmless research." He only said.

"Really? What is it focused on?" I asked curiously. Damien paused for a moment before answering cooly.