Chapter twenty six: clarity

Morning soon arrived, and the strange horses made their way back to us. We got up, ate some sandwiches that had been packed for us, and freshened up by a nearby stream. When all was packed and ready, our journey to the packlands continued.

Another day later, we finally arrived at the Alphas territory. To say it was beautiful was an understatement. It was nearly as perfect as my very own palace.

The land was flat and clear of trees, except for the surrounding packlands. Many cute cabins surrounded the area and, in the middle of the massive piece of land, stood a mansion I would have never been able to afford back on earth.

Our carriage pulled up in front of this mansion, and a tall man walked out from the long double doors to greet us. He wore a fitted grey suit, and his dark hair was pushed back. I could feel power radiating from him, and by how Sei looked at him with hatred, I knew exactly who this was.

"Alpha Nazari, it is good to see you." I greeted, shaking his hand. His grip was almost crushing, but I kept a smile on my face until he let my hand go. Alexander also greeted and shook his hand.

"It is an honor to be visited by the royal family." The alpha said, his stone cold expression not changing. "What do I owe this pleasure?"

"We would like your advice on some personal matters. We bought our friends over with us because they wanted the same advice." Alexander explained. Alpha Nazari looked behind us, his eyebrows raising when he noticed Sei and Silas.

His lip twitched as if a smile was trying to break free. "Welcome. It's good to see you."

Sei frowned. Silas only nodded, and Daffodil thanked the alpha with a wide grin. He allowed us inside and led us to a private living room area.

When we settled down, I wasted no time in asking for answers.

"There's been a ton of confusion with our mate bonds." I said, "It's like it's not even there sometimes. We like one person and like the other the next morning."

Alpha Nazari sat back on his chair and listened carefully.

"How is it possible that we like more than one person? How do we know who the right person is?" I asked. I was willing to do anything to get answers. I was tired of always asking myself what I wanted, just for me to change my mind. I was tired of the mind games.

"It's unlikely to have more than one mate, but possible with twins." Alpha Nazari said.

"But Sei is bonded with Daffodil, and I'm bonded with Silas." I explained. "That's what we need clarification on. Who is his real mate?"

Alexander had mentioned that the alpha was able to tell who were true mates. I hoped that he would be able to see past whatever chaos we had here.

"Who's Defrost?" Alpha Nazari asked with raised eyebrows.

"Daffodil," she corrected him. "That's me."

"Oh," the alpha said, not even looking at her, "yeah, well, she's not his mate. Her presence isn't even noticeable near him."

"HUH?!" We all shouted in confusion. Alexander's mouth fell open. Alpha Nazari shook his head and sat up straight.

"I haven't seen this in three thousand years. This must have been caused by the overuse of sorcery by that sorceress that killed Silas. By using her powers for evil, she must have caused some glitch that seemed to redirect the mate bond to the closest female to her. It was a stabilizing effect."

Maybe living on Earth wasn't so bad after all.

He turned to look at Alexander, "That's probably why he got involved too. Vampires don't typically get mates, but since you are close to the twins, you also got affected when you met Akielia."

I heard a sniffle next to me and turned around to the sound. It was Daffodil, and I could see tears running down her cheeks.

"So, what is the correct way for us? How do we fix this glitch?" Silas spoke for the first time.

"Well, Akielia is a sorceress, so she should be able to do it herself. If she hasn't learned the skill, you could stay a bit longer to meet my mother. She uses herbs to heal, and I'm sure she can make something to snap you all out of this mess."

I looked to everyone, wanting to see if they were up for this. They all nodded, and I turned to the alpha and also agreed to the suggestion. Alpha Nazari clapped his hands together, "Very well then. We will prepare our best rooms for you. Please join us for supper, and I'll let you know when I've spoken to my mother."

He stood up from his leather chair and walked to the door. "One warning," he added. "I've done this procedure before. It's a very... raw process. Your emotions will be clear, and when your bonds are awakened, you will know exactly who you want to be with. No more confusion."

The door was shut, and I sighed in relief. Finally, this would end. Now, I could properly focus on finding the killer.

"Do you think this will work for us? Since Precious faked our bond with Akielia?" Sei asked Silas as softly as he could. I could still hear him, and I'm sure that everyone else could.

"I killed our mate for her. Who else would it be but her?" Silas grumbled. "How many times must I tell you that no matter what, it will always be her. Even if I have to break a million other bonds to be her mate, so be it."

"I'm not as strong as you are, Silas." Sei breathed out. "You always forget that."

"You'd be shocked to hear what love can make you do. Not a bond, just pure love."

"Ew." Alexander mumbled, standing up and walking out.

"Hater." Silas said to him. Daffodil got up and followed without a word, and it was just me and the twins. Just like how it was in the beginning.

"This whole thing feels like some awful puzzle. I'm so glad it's going to be over soon, " I admitted. Silas nodded and moved to sit next to me, joining our hands together.

"Yeah, but I am grateful that it happened. I'm glad that Precious did this." Silas said to me. I looked at him in shock. Why would he be happy that this happened to us?

"Think about it. If she hadn't created our fake bond and lured us to you, we would have never met. We would be with some other female." Silas said. "We made this real, with real love for each other. Something that no supernatural has done before."

That is true, I guess I owed the evil sorceress for where I was. I don't even know what I would be if none of this had happened.

"I still hate her." I laughed.

"Of course. That will never change." He agreed with me. Sei looked at the both of us and smiled softly.

Don't forget to...
Vote| Comment |Share

How do we feel? Still confused?