Chapter three: favour

"My word, who would even dare to commit something so vile?"

I stared down in shock, having no words to describe the scene in front of me. Daffodil had asked a question, but I could not respond to her. She placed her hand over her heart, looking down in equal shock.

On a patch of grass, a creature I recognized to be a pixie laid dead, his body in an abnormal position that could only suggest that his bones were all broken. His lifeless eyes had turned grey, a sign that he was suffocated.

"I just found him here... He's been missing since morning." The young pixie said, tears rolling down his eyes. I looked away from the dead body, staring at Alexander. His eyes were glowing in rage at what he was seeing. He was just as upset about this as I was, possibly even more. Someone had killed a very young pixie.

"Who did this?" Sei asked in a whisper, Daffodil joining their hands together. I huffed and turned my attention to the pixie, falling my knees next to the dead body. I had to admit, as much as I was happy for Daffodil and Sei, I couldn't help but wonder what Sei and I could have been like together.

I checked the body for any clues that would give me an idea of what happened. He didn't have any external injuries on him. It was almost as if his bones were broken from the inside, but no one was capable of doing such. Only someone with my power could, and I was the only one here.

Well, me and someone else.

I stared at Daffodil, who was whispering something to Sei. My jaw clenched, and I shook my head slightly. It couldn't have been her. She had no reason to. Even after she had the situation with the evil sorceress, Precious, she chose to turn on her and side with us.

I stood up straight and walked to the pixie, putting my hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry, I'll reassemble him. It may take a while, though." I told him with a small smile. The young pixie looked at me with teary eyes, and my heart warmed when I saw them light up with hope. He nodded vigorously and thanked me. I told him to go home quickly and faced Alexander.

Immediately, he knew what I was about to say, and he bet me to it. "I'll get creatures to scout the place for a few weeks." He said, looking down at the dead pixie. "Where are you planning on fixing him?"

I breathed out a sigh and furrowed my eyebrows. "The castle, I guess. No use doing it here." I wasn't perfect when it came to reassembling. It was something I had just recently started learning, and Daffodil didn't know how to do it either. So far, the most I've done is to fix the broken wing of an owl after it fell into my water fountain. I haven't dealt with the bones of a supernatural.

This is going to take days.

Alexander walked off, going to tell the guards that had followed us his plans to secure the area. I lifted my hand and watched as it started to sparkle, beautiful purple sparks forming and floating around it. Immediately, the pixie started glowing too, and he slowly started floating.

I grinned. This was the best levitation spell I've cast.

Sei walked to the pixie and held his body, cutting my spell off. I was about to open my mouth until he spoke first. "We can't get any attention on us. The last thing we need is to start an unrest around here." He said, walking off without another word. It was still so strange whenever he spoke such fluent English. It always reminded me about how much he's changed.

I wondered if he still thought about me... About us. The way we would kiss each other and hold each other for comfort.

Probably not. He's happy now.

I followed behind him, staring as he spoke to his girlfriend. She said something, and he chuckled, shaking his head at her. She flew to his height and kissed him gently, making my stomach churn in displeasure. I looked away, sighing deeply. They must have heard me because Daffodil spun around and smiled, as if she didn't realize that I was still there.

She flew over to me and landed swiftly beside me. "Hey, can I ask you for a favor?" She said in a whisper. She stopped walking, making me stop too. Sei continued on without us, not noticing that we had stopped following.

"What is it?" I asked her with a raised eyebrow.

Daffodil blushed furiously, clearing her throat. "Okay, so uhm... Sei and I... Our bond isn't really that strong yet." She said softly. My other eyebrow lifted as confusion graced my features. "What are you talking about?"

"Well... We haven't, you know. We haven't mated yet. He hasn't claimed me." She admitted. I could just feel her embarrassment surrounding me.

This time, my face scrunched up as I processed this. "Hold on, you guys haven't had sex? Why not?" I asked, making her quickly cover my mouth. She widened her eyes, her cheeks becoming impossibly red.

"I don't know! He hasn't really made a move to do it! Maybe he's waiting on me?" She explained. I was super surprised. I assumed that they would have sealed their bond as soon as they got together. Why was Sei hesitating?

"Why do you need my help?" I asked. This didn't really sound like something I could help. Their relationship didn't need me to involve myself in it, especially since Sei was my ex.

"I was hoping you would give me some pointers... I figured that you two would have already done it while you were still together."

I sighed and closed my eyes for a moment, irritation filling me. Daffodil noticed and quickly held her hands up in defense. "I don't mean to open old wounds -"

"Please, there are absolutely no wounds." I quickly interjected with a frown. "I could care less that you want to seal your bond with him. Hell, I thought you did that a long time ago. You've been together for months."

Daffodil looked away in embarrassment and dropped her hands. "Right... I'm sorry. I thought-"

"Thought what? That I still had feelings for him?" I asked her, crossing my arms. Daffodil looked at me and quickly shook her head. "No, I never thought that. I know you're happy with Alexander."

I was getting super annoyed, and I didn't know why. Daffodil was only trying to please her lover. I was with another man, I didn't need to feel so emotional about anything. I huffed and looked away, mumbling to her softly.

"Yeah, I'll help you or whatever." I said, immediately regretting it when I heard her squealing. She jumped on me and hugged me tightly, making me force a smile at her. I slowly and loosely held her, wanting nothing more than to disappear into thin air.

Oh wait, I can.

"Okay, goodnight!" I quickly said, snapping my fingers. Immediately, I felt a warm feeling engulfing my body, and I vanished, leaving her alone outside her restaurant.

Hope you enjoyed
Vote| Comment |Share

What do you think will happen next?