Chapter four: reassembling

I slowly walked into my bedroom, feeling tired and ready to sleep. I felt bad for leaving Daffodil a while ago, but I couldn't bear to listen to her talking about mating with Sei.

I gulped, feeling bile rising in my throat. It didn't sound right to me. It didn't feel right.

Sitting down on my bed and pulling my heels off, I placed them neatly on the floor. I slipped my dress off and untied my hair, ruffling it. I sighed in relief as I felt my scalp relax, and I walked to my king-sized bed. After I got comfortable inside, Alexander walked into the bedroom.

I could see his red eyes glowing in the dark as he looked towards me. I closed my eyes and listened while he took his clothes off and climbed inside the bed. His arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to him. "I'm sorry we couldn't have dinner." He apologized, kissing my cheek. I smiled and snuggled deeper into him.

"It's not your fault. The pixie needed us." I told him, feeling myself dozing off. Still, I couldn't help but ask the burning question inside me.

"Alexander, what happens when mates stay for too long without mating and claiming each other?" I asked him, biting my lower lip. Alexander was silent for a minute before he answered.

"It depends on the creatures. Some end up getting incredibly sick, and sometimes the bond just fades away." He said, rubbing his hand up and down my arm. "Why?"

"Just curious." I told him. I felt him shift before his fingers went under my chin, gently lifting my face up to look at him. I could just faintly see him under the moonlight shining through the curtains. He looked like he didn't believe what I had to say.

"So this has nothing to do with the fact that Sei hasn't mated with Daffodil?"

My expression turned to one of shock but I quickly masked it. How had he figured that out?

"That's not it at all. I was just wondering." I told him softly. Alexander chuckled and shook his head, "What did we say about lies, darling?"

"No lying to each other." I repeated our promise. We had made it just a few days after our wedding, when I stole his steak and he sat me down until I told him the truth. It was an embarrassing day, to say the least, but I was happy to be with someone who communicates openly with me.

I owe him that, too.

"I guess... I kind of miss him." I admitted softly. Alexander nodded as if he already knew.

"That's how the bond is. It may not have been real, but it was still there, and you loved each other. Feelings take longer to fade away." He explained.

"He doesn't seem to miss me." I said with a weak chuckle. That thought hurt me more than I would have liked it to, but I wasn't going to admit it.

"You were human, darling. You still are. You feel much more emotion than he would. It's not the same for both of you."

I laughed, but it held no humor. "Yeah, that sucks." Closing my eyes, I went to sleep in the arms of the man that had my heart.

But a piece of it still belonged to my twins.

__✧__✧__✧__✧__✧__✧__✧__

I woke up the next morning with a mission. I would eat a healthy meal and start reassembling that pixie. It would take me a couple of days because I hadn't done it before but I was confident with my skills. I knew enough to heal him.

So I did just that.

"Good morning, my little Lia." Kaiser greeted me with a pat on my head. I pushed my now empty plate away from me, a fairy zooming past me to take it. I looked up at my assistant and smiled at him. "Greatest of mornings! Shall we go?" I asked him, standing up from my dining table. He raised his eyebrows when he noticed my enthusiasm.

"What's up with you? Alexander gave you head?" He asked, ducking from me when I reached out to whack him. He laughed and followed me as I skipped out of the dining hall. I walked in the direction of my training room, a large space I had made just for my magic training. I had asked for the young pixie to be placed there on a bed. I didn't have a hospital area. These creatures never got sick enough to need it.

"I'll have you know that I'm simply excited to try a new spell." I said to him. "I'm going to try reassembling a dead body!"

"Only you would get excited about that." Kaiser said with a shake of his head. "When are we doing that then? Tomorrow?"

"Uhm... Right now."

"No can do, queen bee." He stopped me. I turned to him and pouted. "You have to see Valedria, and you promised little Gia a lunch playdate." He said, crossing his arms. I sighed, having forgotten about my many responsibilities as queen and a sister.

"I'm sure there's a tiny bit of time for me to spare. I just want to assess the situation."

Kaiser rolled his eyes when I spun around and started walking off. He couldn't argue with my decisions anymore. I had the power now.

I pushed the doors of the training room and found the bed in the middle of the large space. One of my werewolves stood next to the pixie, assessing the body. "Any observations?" I asked, making the female quickly turn and bow. She straightened up and looked back at the boy.

"No external injuries, my queen. Only his long bones snapped in half. He was suffocated to death. The bone breaking was just the killer being spiteful." She spoke with furrowed eyebrows. I frowned. I already knew all of that. Did she really spend all morning here just to repeat this to me?

"Also," she added. "He has a small dot on his arm. Like those needles humans use. He doesn't have any unfamiliar chemicals inside him, though." She said.

"Needles? Who has access to needles?" I asked in surprise. He was strangled, injected, and his bones were broken? That's seems way too much to be a regular kill. Someone was after something, and this boy had it. When he wakes up, I'll have to ask him who did this to him.

"The medical staff, which isn't many of us. Then, a couple of vampires who do blood related activities like transfusions and distribution. I'm unaware of anyone else."

I nodded and dismissed her, turning to the pixie. I placed my hands on his legs and closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. It would take a lot in me, but I had to at least try. I felt warmth flowing to my hands as I concentrated, imagining the bones healing and becoming stronger. Slowly, they started getting cold again, meaning that the process was done.

Now, to see the results.

I opened my eyes and stared at the leg. It was much straighter than it was, making hope fill me. I placed my hands on his leg and felt it, no longer feeling the bump of his broken bone.

I... I actually did it.

"No ways," Kaiser mumbled behind me. "You actually fixed it."

I turned to him with an offended look, hiding the fact that I, too, am pretty surprised that I had succeeded. "Of course, I did. Did you doubt my abilities?"

I certainly did.

"Obviously, I did," he admitted immediately. Kaiser wasn't one to lie. "It's your first time, after all. I expected you to completely blow his leg up by mistake."

I lifted a hand, channeling some magic into it. His eyes widened at the realization of what I was about to do, and he quickly sprinted away. I grinned and chucked a large fireball at him, hearing him let out a small scream as he fell on the floor while ducking. I burst out in laughter and sat down on the floor, watching as Kaiser scowled at me.

I love being a sorceress

Hope you enjoyed
Vote| Comment |Share