Chapter eight: helping

"Good for you." I only said to her, downing the rest of my wine. Daffodil couldn't see my annoyance, so she sat down across me and clapped her hands excitedly. "Finally, I'll have a mark just like the other females! I won't feel left out anymore!"

I nodded, staring at the empty glass I was holding. I wasn't marked either, but it didn't have any negative toll on Alexander and I. I guess it's because we're really strong compared to other creatures.

"It was really weird," she spoke again. "He came back so upset, and he just blurted it out. I wonder what happened before he arrived." She mumbled.

Akielia happened.

I suppose Alexander was right. Sei was only waiting for me. Now that I've told him I'm happy that he's with Daffodil, he's going to claim her. "I'm super excited for you." I said blankly to her blabbering. I felt like an awful person for not being happy for her. "I guess you don't need me to help you anymore."

"Oh, no! We're definitely still doing that. I need a nice set of lingerie for tonight. I want this to be as pleasurable as possible for him and I."

I felt myself groaning on the inside. Daffodil got up and pulled me up with her. She stopped the waiter that was delivering my food, "Put that in a takeaway packet. We're leaving." She told him. I couldn't speak as she literally dragged me out of there, not allowing me any room to refuse.

Before I knew it, she had pulled me into one of the many stores we had. I had placed a lot of different types of services so that all creatures could have the opportunity to work and spend money. She pulled me inside a lingerie store, where a vampire that worked there walked towards us. She gave me a seductive smile and winked, "My queen, it's so lovely to see you." She said, her voice summoning me to her bed. I smiled and nodded, looking at all the amazing lingerie that decorated the store.

"Something for the king?" The vampire asked with a smirk. I shook my head and nodded towards Daffodil. "Nope, my friend here wants something for her boyfriend."

The vampire looked surprised to hear this. She looked Daffodil up and down before clearing her throat. "Oh, we have a great spring collection with the colors green, yellow, and pink. What type of fairy is your boyfriend?"

Daffodil blushed, "He's actually a demon hybrid."

The vampire was even more surprised. I looked into her eyes, channeling into her thoughts.

"She looks ten years old. What type of hybrid would want her?"

"Okay, so let's go for darker shades. What type of mix are we going with here?"

"He's a demon-werewolf mix."

Again, the vampire was baffled. "Sei?" She asked in disbelief. He was the only demon werewolf hybrid left, so everyone knew about him. "That's impossible, wasn't he with..." She asked, turning to look at me.

"Not that we owe you any explanation, but he's my mate." Daffodil scoffed, "How about you do your job and tell us where the lace is?"

I watched as the female straightened up. With a slight apology, she turned around and asked us to follow her. She led us to an aisle with dark shaded two pieces. She grabbed a deep green two-piece and a matching silk robe. "This two piece is sure to get him all hot and bothered while still giving you that fairy look with the dark green."

Daffodil looked at me for approval. It was a beautiful lingerie with a lovely color, though it wasn't something I would wear for Sei. He would want me in something red, sexier, full of lace. But I wasn't the one buying it, Daffodil was.

"It's beautiful." I only said. "But you should really pick something you would feel comfortable in."

Daffodil grinned at me, "You're the expert." She turned to the vampire. "Can I have something more comfortable?"

"Of course, please follow me."

We walked to the other side of the store where the silk nightgowns came to view. The vampire picked up a beautiful satin nightgown in the same color and handed it to Daffodil. Her eyes sparkled as she took it, holding it like I was a delicate flower. She felt the material and smiled.

"This is the one." She said with a firm nod. The vampire looked at Daffodil and reached to take her size before leading us to the checkout area. After scanning and paying, we left the store.

"Well, I'm glad this all worked out. Can I go eat now?" I asked her, staring at the bag she was holding.

"Hold on, before you leave. Is everything okay? I can tell that you aren't yourself."

"I'm fine, just had a small disagreement with Alexander." I said. That wasn't a lie. I was super hurt by what Alexander had said to me earlier. I didn't even know how to face him.

"What about?" Daffodil asked, lifting her brow in surprise.

I shrugged, "He just didn't like the idea of me waking Silas up."

"Ooooh~," Daffodil said, pushing me with her hip. "You should totally wake him up."

I looked at her in surprise, "Why?"

"So I can have twins claiming me instead of one, obviously." She said with a giggle. I frowned at her, and she waved her hand at me. "Relax, I'm kidding... Or am I?"

"Ha, very funny, Daffodil." I said, hoping that she was just messing with me.

She bit her lower lip and looked up. I channeled into her thoughts, wanting to confirm that thought.

"I definitely wouldn't mind if they both decided to share me, though."

"Are you serious?" I asked her angrily. "Why would you even think of doing that?"

Daffodil looked at me with raised eyebrows. "Well, it's no big secret that the twins share their women, so if you ever did bring him back, he would automatically be mine too."

I looked at Daffodil in disbelief. Was she hearing herself?

"What... Why..." I breathed out, not having any words.

She clearly didn't see anything wrong since she patted my shoulder, "Don't worry, you'll get over them some day. Thanks again for helping me with this."

She lifted her bag and left me standing there, absolutely dumbfounded. Why was everyone getting on my nerves today?

I decided to leave the food and head back home. I needed to speak to Alexander and fix things. I didn't like it when we fought.

I stepped into the quiet palace and walked through it. It was getting a bit late into the afternoon but I suspected he would be in our bedroom. When I reached inside, I pulled the doorknob and halted when I found the door locked.

"Alexander?" I called out, surprised. He's never locked the door before. Was he that upset with me?

The door clicked open and he stood by the entrance in a pair of loose shorts. He frowned at me but moved out of the way, making bile form in my throat. I walked in behind him, freezing when I saw the same human he had been feeding on a while ago, seated on my bed.

She was pinching her neck, a method to stop blood from flowing out of the wound. She looked at me and gave me a fake smile, as she usually did. I ignored her and looked at Alexander. "Feeding again?" I asked him. He usually could go once every couple of weeks. This was his second time in just two or three days.

Alexander bent down to the human and held her neck, tilting her head. He licked the scar he left on her neck, making the woman look at me and moan softly. She was doing this to spite me, I knew it. It didn't even feel good. I remember the pain I had felt when he did it.

"Come back tomorrow." He told her and she nodded happily. She stood up, not stumbling like she usually did. With an eye roll, she brushed past me. Her force would have knocked me over if I was still human.

Oh wait, I forgot that I don't have to tolerate disrespect anymore.

I snapped my fingers and listened as the door flew shut, smacking the human's entire behind and pushing her out of there by force. I smiled to myself as I heard her shriek and fall over. That'll teach her not to disrespectful to me.

"So, you want to talk about it?" I asked, focusing on Alexander.

Hope you enjoyed
Vote| Comment |Share