Chapter twenty: lake

"It's about your mate."

Silas clenched his jaw at the mentioning of his mate, and he looked away from me. My heart dropped at his actions. Something told me that he already knew who she was.

"Silas?" I said his name softly.

"Why did he mention that?" He asked, his eyes stuck on the lake in front of us. The water made a calming noise ahead of us, and there was a fresh breeze that was meant to relax me.

I felt anything but relaxed at that moment.

"He wants to use her to stop you from fighting him. I overheard his plan." I said and explained everything I had heard to him. Silas listened carefully, and when I was done, he released a humored laugh that left me feeling surprised.

"You don't really think he'll succeed, do you?" He asked me, finally looking at me.

"He could if he found your mate and gave her to you." I said softly, looking at my feet. I felt Silas' arm around my waist, his other hand lifting my chin with his index finger. I let him pull me closer, and he looked down at me lovingly.

"There is no mate but you, Akielia. I made sure of it the moment I realized that I'm in love with you."

What?

When he saw my confused look, he licked his lower lip. "I killed her."

I stepped back in shock. "Why?" I asked him. He didn't let me get far, keeping his grip tightened around me.

"She wanted to be with me, but I wanted to be with you." He said without hesitation. "You are the only woman I love. Please believe that."

He killed her... For me?

"Silas... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you do that."

"It's not your fault. It was my choice to reject her. I will do anything to stay with you." He told me. "Please don't ever doubt my love and loyalty for you."

I sighed, nodding my head. "I'm sorry for that. I was just worried that -"

Silas silenced me by pressing his lips against mine. I moaned as he slipped his tongue in my mouth and wrapped my arms around his neck. He walked forward, pressing me against a thick tree. The heat forming all over me was scorching, making me want to take off my clothes.

Silas separated our lips and pressed his body against mine. I could feel his little friend pressing against my leg. I knew where this was going.

"You're no longer human," he breathed out. "I don't need to be gentle with you anymore."

"You were being gentle before?" I asked in surprise. Silas chuckled before kissing me again. We were alone in the woods, and it was surprisingly comfortable where we were. Anything could happen at this moment, and I wanted nothing more than for Silas to do whatever he pleased with me.

"Tonight, I'm going to ruin you." He whispered.

"That is all I have ever wanted." I responded, closing the distance between us.

__✧__✧__✧__✧__✧__✧__✧__

"Let's go for a swim." Silas said to me.

We were laying on the soft grass in front of the calm blue lake in front of us. I smiled against his neck, his arms firmly wrapped around me as I laid on top of him. The moon shone over the land in front of us, making the place look all the more majestic.

"Are there no sirens in there? I don't want us to get attacked." I asked.

"This lake is separated from the rest. It should be completely empty." He said. I nodded and sat up, pulling my nightgown off for the second time tonight. Silas eyed my half-naked body like it was the first time he was seeing it. He reached behind me and expertly unclipped my bra, watching it sliding off my body slowly.

"You look more beautiful every second." He whispered. He grabbed the hem of my underwear and pulled it down, the cold air making me inhale a sharp breath. I watched as he pulled his shirt off and unzipped his pants. When he was also naked, we got up and held hands, walking to the lake. The water was eerily calm as I dipped my foot in it. It was warm, so I was able to fully submerge myself inside with no problem.

Silas followed me inside, and we swam further away. We splashed around in the water for a while, laughing and playing like little children.

After a while, we stopped and ended up having a hot make-out session in the water. Silas made me forget all of the stressful things I was going through. He was my breath of fresh air, and he was the reason I had a newfound sense of peace.

"We need to go. We've been here for hours." I whispered after pulling away from his lips. Silas kissed my cheek and leaned down to suck my neck. I held in my moans. "I'm serious, Silas."

"You're right." He mumbled, pulling back. "I hate that you are." He admitted.

"We'll do this again soon, I promise." I whispered to him, kissing his forehead. He smiled at me and let me go, "Race you to land?" He asked me.

I grinned at him, "You're on." I said, and we started swimming to land. Silas was far ahead, as expected, but I was having fun none the less. I laughed when I saw him touch the grass first, and I swam harder to reach him.

Before I could swim any further, I felt a tight grip on my leg. It was hard to miss because it was so much colder than the water itself. I stopped peddling and pulled my leg up, but it did not budge. Silas climbed out of the water, not noticing that I had stopped.

Just as I was about to call for him, the grip around my leg tightened, and I let out a scream before I was pulled underwater. I looked down at my leg, but it was dark under there, and there were gas bubbles blocking my eyes. I coughed as air left my lungs and tried to punch whatever was holding me.

I could feel fingers. It was a hand.

Siren?

No... They had long claws. I would be feeling pain if it was one.

The hand let me go, and whatever it was, came to my face and wrapped its long fingers around my neck. I felt myself inhaling the water, making my body slowly give out. I could hear water crashing behind me, as if somebody dived in the water behind me. I knew that it was Silas and that he would protect me. I tried to use my powers to fight for myself, but they didn't work underwater.

I felt human all over again.

Powerless and fearful.

My eyes closed, my body finally giving up on me. I could feel the water as it continued filling my lungs, despite the tight grip that was on my neck. Whatever it was that was attacking me, it had the intention of killing me.

The last thing I saw was glowing blue eyes that belonged to the hands choking me.

Hope you enjoyed
Vote| Comment |Share

Guess who's trying to kill Akielia?