Chapter thirty five: blade

"Damien..." I said softly, completely shocked by this revelation.

"What? That human boy? He's been killing the supernaturals?" Valedria asked with a glare. He didn't seem to believe it.

Kaiser sighed and ran a hand through his messy hair. "He's not human anymore. He's... sort of supernatural."

"Impossible." Valedria hissed. "Becoming a supernatural happens in only three ways. Birth, magic, and turning rituals. He was not born supernatural, and I refuse to believe that any of our people turned him into one of us. They all despised him. He was an abomination to our kind. Just as the queen was when she was still human."

Goliaths eyebrows furrowed. "So then that leaves..."

"Magic." Alexander said, his eyes rising to me.

I looked at him in surprise. What was he implying with that look?

"Yes." Valedria agreed with him. He also looked at me. "Someone with magic must've aided him."

Everyone looked at me, and I felt my stomach dropping at the realization that they were suspecting me!

"Hold on." Sei said angrily. "She did not do this. She was a target, too! Multiple times."

Silas stood in front of me, shielding me from the suspicious eyes of his family. "What kind of assumption is that? She's not the only one with magical powers. Daffodil could be behind this, too."

Valedria frowned, "fine. Where is this Daffodil you speak of?"

There was silence.

"That's a great question, actually. Where the hell is Daffodil?" Alexander asked.

"She has to be behind this. It can't be anyone else." Silas said, "She's helped precious before. Who's to say that she didn't help Damien."

Kaiser cleared his throat, making us all turn to look at him. "Guys, as interesting as your suspicions sound. I don't believe that magic did this."

"Why would you say that?"

"He isn't a normal supernatural... Like vampire or demon. He's not even a normal hybrid. He's everything at once."

That made no sense.

"Everything?" Silas asked. "What do you mean everything?"

"Allow me to show you!" A voice suddenly answered, making us all look around in shock. I immediately recognized Damien's voice, making my eyes narrow when a large black shadow formed around us.

The room filled with darkness, an evil precense seeming to chase away anything to do with light. The dark clouds spun around us, almost like a tornado was forming inside the large bedroom. It came with a strong gust of wind, forcing me to squint my eyes as it forcibly blew every part of my body.

"Damn it!" Alexander snarled in complaint. "I can't keep my damn eyes open!"

I could barely hear what he was saying, only hearing the ghostly howls of the wind around me. Only when Damien spoke did his voice become clear.

"Precious failed to do one job. Kill all of you and take over. I will not fail. I will do what is right!" Damien boomed out.

I gritted my teeth and lifted my hands, channeling magic through them. I cast a spell in an attempt to stop the wind, but all I could do was just slightly slow it down. I opened my eyes, looking around the room. Furniture spun around us, and pieces of paper and romance novels weightlessly floated above us.

"This is the end of the supernaturals! This land will be ours again."

Who the hell was 'our'? Did he have allies?